The Venting Thread

crazedACD

Woke up to Skye's "I have the shits" barking way too early this morning. Decided I didn't want to have to wake up twice, so I stayed up. Get home from work, bloody diarrhea everywhere. And especially, and most concentrated, on my heavy duty $30 surge protector for my electric heater. Fantastic.

Also, Fiona has a fascination with the water bucket and has been knocking it over. I filled it this morning for the loose dogs, and forgot to pick it up when she was out tonight..yeah, a good gallon of water dumped on the floor/carpet.

This is why we can't have nice things, dogs!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Ferret being rehomed on craigslist for $30 because their new dog barks at it, and their daughter would rather keep the dog. *sigh* I really want her. But I can't. And that makes me sad. :( Hope that someone with some ferret knowledge scoops her up. She's being kept in a tiny cage with pine shavings for bedding. :/

noludoru

Bored Now.
I hate being cold. It is 25 degrees. I live in Arizona so I won't have to put up with 25 degree temps. I'm cranky and freezing and I can barely feel my hands. *grump*
Holy crap. Now I feel bad complaining about the temperature here. You guys probably don't even keep warm coats and wool socks in AZ, so it's got to be 5x worse.

Awkward date. Just .. so awkward. :eek:
Details. :popcorn:

Grab

Holy crap. Now I feel bad complaining about the temperature here. You guys probably don't even keep warm coats and wool socks in AZ, so it's got to be 5x worse.
We don't. We live in hoodies most of the time and own a total of one semi-warmer coat. You might think we'd be prepared since we are both from IL, but I got rid of my winter stuff when I moved here since it was just taking up space. Today driving back to work I almost wrapped up in Clive's car blanket :p

Portland set 2 record lows this week (27 and 22). With a chance for one or two more. Saturday might be 15. Our average low isn't below freezing.

I kind of like it, the chickens, not so much.

Saeleofu

I'm betting it gets below freezing in my room tonight. The stairway was right at freezing all day. I've covered the window with foam, the door with a sleeping bag, have a light on the mouse, ceramic heat emitter on the gecko tank and covered all sides of his enclosure with foam (it's a toasty 77F inhis favorite basking spot! I want to climb in with him...), and I'm under the heated blanket with BOTH dogs (Gavroche is always under it, but Logan NEVER gets under a blanket, let alone a heated blanket). I left the bathroom faucet running, too, just in case. I'm hoping the duct tape holding my door/window coverings holds overnight, since it doesn't stick well in the cold.

I just want heat. And hot water. I hate having to decide if I want to freeze my hands or have clean hands every time I want to wash them. In the summer the cold water's warm. In the winter, the cold water is COLD. I can't even put my contacts in because they're so cold it hurts my eyes.

The living room got up to 66F tonight before we went to bed, but it'll be mid 30s or low 40s at best in the morning. I ****ing hate this. I'm getting bubble wrap for all the livingroom windows tomorrow when I get paid.

It doesn't help that my parents forbid space heaters except for in the living room, and only if someone is home and awake to watch them at that.

Whats wrong with the heater, or the insulation...

I'm trying to figure out how to insulate the fish tanks. I want to keep the house at 60, but the tanks want to be 80... Is the electric or gas more?

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Nothing like having a $45 furnace tune-up and cleaning turn into a finding of a cracked heat exchange, which means new furnace. And, while we're at it, let's do the ac, too.

Merry Christmas!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have two space heaters (our apt doesn't have central heating) that we use, a large one and a small one. We keep the small one on all the time when we are gone and both on when we are home.

We live on the track grounds and we have one of the barn apartments, in those, since they are off the barn it's "technically" against the rules to even use space heaters but I don't give a **** ... I ain't being cold for nobody! We use them responsibly, we don't leave anything around them that is flammable and make sure nothing can fall on them while we are gone.

As lone as they are used responsibly, space heaters are very safe.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I moved desks so I'm away from the window and won't be freezing my toes every day I'm at work. Awesome, except now for some reason I can't my get my computer and thus my phone to recognize the network, so I can't do anything.

Saeleofu

There are also the kind that automatically turn off if they fall over, if that's a concern!
That's what we have. My mom is just stupidly paranoid. She won't even let me have my light oor computer plugged in when I'm not home.

And my heating blanket is dead. ****. It got below freezing in my room last night, but it was okay because the dogs and I huddled under the heating blanket. That's not an option tonight. I just want to cry :(

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
That's what we have. My mom is just stupidly paranoid. She won't even let me have my light oor computer plugged in when I'm not home.

And my heating blanket is dead. ****. It got below freezing in my room last night, but it was okay because the dogs and I huddled under the heating blanket. That's not an option tonight. I just want to cry :(
what do your parents do at night when their room is below freezing? and why cant you have a space heater on in your room when youre SLEEPING. not like you arent there

Saeleofu

what do your parents do at night when their room is below freezing? and why cant you have a space heater on in your room when youre SLEEPING. not like you arent there
Their room is downstairs where its warmer so it doesn't get below freezing. My mom has a functional heating blanket (my dad's died 2 nights ago, so he freezes too). There is really NO LOGIC behind not being able to use a space heater. She forbids it upstairs, period. And it's their house, so there isn't a lot I can do about it, unless I pull $500 out of my ass to get the natural gas turned on.

Last edited:

Grab

I live with someone who was made fire-paranoid by being the child of a firefighter and even we have a space heater, lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes, they are, but try telling that to my paranoid mother >.<
I am sorry, Saeleofu, that sucks >_<. They are actually safer then an electric blanket but I don think telling her that would help your case because it might backfire and she might say no to the extrication blanket as well ... Maybe prepped a compromise and say you will only use it when you are awake?

Members online

No members online now.