For the Dobe people

With my dobie kids, I didn't know any better with the first one and just did it cuz it was the vet's pup from his litter. The second one, her ears were botched and they never looked right and it was a cruel thing we did and I hated myself for it cuz it caused her such pain.

When it goes well, you may not blink. When it goes bad, it really is obvious how cruel and unnecessary when you see what it does to them. It hurts, plain and simple and they show it. It feels like something we do and cover it up with nice names and history and such and when you see it out in plain sight, it turns ugly and obvious what it really is. It does something to your soul to see that and live with it.

Never ever again. My last dobie, ears left natural, and he was such a beautiful boy always. A gorgeous red giant, he like the first one, lived until about 18 years old. Long floppy ears, thin enough to flip over backwards as if nature (and she does) knows the ears need airing out every so often to avoid problems. How have you noticed long floppy eared dogs always shake em when they want out, etc. Like they want to wake you up gently to go out.

Such beautiful gentle awesome creatures, wow. Thanks for the pictures showing such beauties as nature intended, pure and unaltered. They were a joy to see, thanks for taking the time to put them up for us. I would love to meet a dobie breeder someday that would leave the tail. Talk about knocking over things, lol. :)
Smiles
Ruth

Pops2

the only reason i would leave a dobe w/ the ears & tail natural would be so my buddies wouldn't laugh at me for hunting w/ them ;)

S

Squishy22

Hmmm, gorgeous dobermans, but I still prefer a nice crop. I do like the natural tail.

I prefer a dock on rottweilers, but my fave rottie of all time, who just happens to have a natural tail is... (Dandy Vom Hause Neubrand)

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
holy zombie thread batman....

I prefer docked and cropped breed to be docked and cropped . "I" find it looks funny for them to be left natural.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Aww, I thought Mordy was back... :(

I'm sorry, an all natural Dobe, to me, looks like a b/t Weim or a very oddly bred Coonhound.

Members online

No members online now.