Shows That Make You Geek Out

crazedACD

I enjoy that the backstories are usually nothing spectacular. They didn't play up all these crazy stories for how they got arrested - most of them were just everyday reasons for getting jailtime. I loved Poussey's backstory, that one threw me for a loop. :)
I loved Poussey's story too, I like her a lot. I love Red, and I love Nicky. I'm still trying to figure out Alex's angle, but I love her too :p. Suzanne/Crazy Eyes is great (and that story surprised me too). Pennsatucky seems to be getting saner.

Dislike Taystee. Dislike Diaz/her family. Not a Piper fan. Not a Larry/Polly fan (they are both so obnoxious).

Morello's is the one that really threw me! I mean it all makes sense now but yeah...
I thought she was just making it up, not that he actually existed! :p

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Orphan Black is awesome.
So much yes. Did you see the last episode? Tony and Felix omfg what the bloody hell. And Cosima! If she dies, I don't think I can continue watching. Cosima is my favorite character. Also, Sarah looks like Tay Jardine. Like... a LOT.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Currently watching the season 2 finale of OITNB.

I hate Vee so, so much. I have basically since she was introduced. I don't mean a fun/"enjoyable" hate like Joffrey from GOT or something, where it's entertaining to hate them. I mean I legitimately despise her and hate anything that involves her, which unfortunately has been a lot of this season.

Morello's story surprised me, but I loved it. I was thrown for a loop by all the sympathy I felt for Crazy Eyes - I didn't expect it, but I appreciate the depth they added to her character. Again, ruined by her involvement with Vee though (IMO)

I really like Poussey, and I like Nicky a lot, too. Polly and Larry bore me. I love Red, and I wish there was more Alex, too.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I need to finish watching Supernatural. I <3 it, but between work and school I've had ZERO time to watch anything.

I love Sherlock, DOCTOR Who, Firefly, House, and Archer currently.

Archer cracks me the f*ck up. There was seriously not one single episode I didn't DIE laughing, and watching it a second time you catch even more subtle jokes.

My guilty pleasure is Grey's Anatomy. I need to catch up on this season though. Since starting school I've had NO life. Maybe I'll bring the kindle to work and just watch TV at work lol.

Equinox

I am heartsick that tomorrow will be it for months and months and months.

lesigh
Ugh, me too. About to watch the finale and I don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the summer. And even when all my regular shows start back up, none will compare to the love I have for GOT.

I'm working on a reread of the books, though, so there's that.

Just finished the first season of The 100. It's surprisingly good! I mean, it's still a CW show but honestly, I really got into it, especially a few episodes in.

There is still the teenish drama but really that's not far fetched at all. You have to suspend disbelief and not be too nit picky about science facts and things but it's got a really interesting premise going on, some really hard moral and ethical decisions people have to make and it doesn't always turn out ok. I also over all like all the characters, they have layers and aren't super one dimensional. No one is only good and only bad.

Such a cliffhanger ending though.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Ugh, me too. About to watch the finale and I don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the summer. And even when all my regular shows start back up, none will compare to the love I have for GOT.

I'm working on a reread of the books, though, so there's that.
I havent seen it yet , (stupid friend ruin my night ugggg) BUT i did the dumb thing and went looking for Lady Stone Heart , and I am horrified she is a no show. I will watch the episode tonight and come back with a reaction.

My poor books have all fallen apart and I found some .epub versions , so I read them all the time . I get bored and just open one at random and read for a bit! lol

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet.... I am putting them off so it doesn't have to end!

Surprised that Lady Stoneheart is a no show though

Fran27

Just finished the first season of The 100. It's surprisingly good! I mean, it's still a CW show but honestly, I really got into it, especially a few episodes in.

There is still the teenish drama but really that's not far fetched at all. You have to suspend disbelief and not be too nit picky about science facts and things but it's got a really interesting premise going on, some really hard moral and ethical decisions people have to make and it doesn't always turn out ok. I also over all like all the characters, they have layers and aren't super one dimensional. No one is only good and only bad.

Such a cliffhanger ending though.
I admit I got pretty hooked too.

Equinox

Yeah, I'm REALLY bummed that they didn't do the reveal in the Game of Thrones finale. I was really psyched for it. And also, Bloodraven? Could they NOT have saved a bit of CGI budget and made some major improvements to that?? Because he was not at all like I imagined him to be. Also, majorly bummed about Jojen because his character and what happened to him always intrigued me in the books, but I guess it makes sense.

I rewatched it with my friend earlier this afternoon, so a lot of it is fresh in my mind. And okay, I KNOW a lot of people are absolutely enraged about Jaime and Tyrion's farewell and how they ended on a happy note, but to be honest, I thought it was sweet. I honestly don't think they'll ever see each other again in the books, so I enjoyed that bit of happiness between the two brothers. Jaime was the only one who cares about Tyrion and I didn't mind the feel goodness of the scene. So sue me. I know that Tyrion's basically become a different character in the show compared to how he was in the books, but I'm one of the few who don't actually enjoy his chapters. Maybe that's why I'm indifferent?

Oh, and my friend actually said that she was becoming interested in what's going on in the North/on the Wall now, with the arrival of Stannis. That was cool for me because just a week before during episode 9, she was telling me about how little she cared about that particular region and plot line.

So, is Season 5 basically going into AFFC + ADWD territory simultaneously, right? I know a lot of it was already touched on this season, too. Wonder when the 6th book is coming out :p I have the books as epub files on my tablet, too, which makes things a lot easier!

Kootenay

Watched the GoT season finale last night, sad that's it for another year :( 10 episodes go by soooo fast!

I honestly barely remember the books (it wasn't even THAT long ago that I read them, but I guess I read so many books that I don't retain them all that well long term unless I reread them). So I don't really notice the changes that are made on the show, which I guess is kind of nice, because I don't get upset about it :)

Also, I've been trying to get one of my sisters to watch Arrow, she made it through to about episode 10, and still thought it was really bad. She has been visiting for a few days, so I forced her to watch more, and it was fun to rewatch some of season one. We made it to I think episode 18 or 19 and she FINALLY was like, ok this is getting better now! Haha, just took a while...she's leaving but I might finish off the rewatch of season one if I can find the time.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I was really sad for the GoT finale as well... I can't believe we have to wait a whole year for the next season! It feels like it just started back up again.

I love Orange is the New Black, and I'm so happy that season 2 is on Netflix now! I think we're on... episode 8 maybe? We've been watching 1 or 2 episodes almost every night.

I'm on season 3 of Big Love which has been decently interesting. We're going to resume it once we finish OITNB.

Members online