The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's not a bad idea to write a job specific resume - I had something like 4 different versions during my big job hunt.
That's what I do for every job - but when it comes to things like this, it means I basically go in and dump out all these things I'm good at.
Which sucks.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Got offered a promotion to what basically amounts to a management position. And I'm not sure I want it. Ugh.. :/ It's such a good opportunity but I just don't know if I want it. And I feel stupid for not wanting it but I don't want to take it, not like it, and lose my job altogether. I'm really flattered to have been offered, it really means a lot to me but I just don't know what to do. And part of me thinks I might like it but then, is that really enough to justify me taking it? The fact that I might like it? I really like the position I have, too. :/ Asdfghjkl...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My power just went out. For no reason. On my day off.

WTF, electricity! At least I wasn't playin my video game!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm so full of delicious Indian food I can't eat the Aztec chocolate cheesecake I just bought.

/firstworldproblems

Kootenay

I've had a stupid couple of days :madgo:

Yesterday we had to unload/stack over 14 tons of hay, which just sucks anyway, but then near the end I was loading a truck, and my SO was throwing bales down from the stack, and I went to move a bale right under where he was tossing the next one, so I got a 70 lb bale of hay to the back of the head (I was bending over). Wrenched my neck/back real good and had a brutal headache as well.

And today Yarrow randomly decided he wanted to eat the dog that previously was his best friend ever (well, not quite eat, but he was definitely aggressive and it was really shocking). Super upsetting and confusing and just all around stupid.

Onyx managed to bite my thumb really hard instead of the frisbee, and knock me super hard in the nose today.

We have a bunch of visitors coming soon, so I want to be cleaning the house, but my back and neck are so spazzy that I know I should just be icing and laying around but I don't WANT TO!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My right side of my stomach has been hurting really bad on and off for the past week. It wasn't so bad at first, top area below my ribcage and was a dull pain. So I pretty much just ignored it (yeah of course that's a good idea). It's just been getting worse though :(

Today it was pretty bad, started getting sharper, but then we went running at the gym on the treadmill and when we stopped it was pretty bad. Instaed of being dull it was a very sharp stabbing pain. So I got to walk home looking like crap as I didn't want to change, I just wanted to get home. Finally got home and, the pain has gotten better, but it keeps stabbing every once in a while.

I'm afraid I have to go to the doctors :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Thanks. They've been on everyone's mind these past few days. I saw so many teary eyes at work.

The visit went well, but I just felt totally useless. I have never dealt with parents who lost a child before.
I have... and if I had advice for you I would give it. But I really don't. There's just... nothing you can do really. The only advice I have is to always have an open heart and be willing to listen and it feels completely useless. Offer help. Don't just ask if there's anything you can do, but offer specific things. And do things without even asking... bring them something for dinner. Everybody bought our co-worker beer, haha.
You will probably hear things you wish you never heard. My co-worker's wife told me about Tucker's last day. Things I wish I never heard. Images I will never be able to get out of my head. But I listened because I knew she needed to say them.

It's tough and you do feel useless, because there's just nothing you can really do to ease that pain. But just make a point to be there for them, not just the vague "if you need anything, let me know..." Ask how she is and don't stop asking. Hug her (if she's a hugger.)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I was discussing future puppy with my coworkers, and one of them started talking about how training a pup in the winter won't be very fun - I corrected her and said it'd be more like the tail end of winter since the breeder keeps them for closer to 12 weeks. All of them gave me this shifty look and kind of grimaced and then started going on about how that's too long to stay with a breeder, socialization will be ruined at that point etc.

I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION? Obviously BAD breeders don't socialize, but that's not what we're talking about! Like staying with the breeder HAS to mean they don't ever set foot outside a kennel or something.

It jut miffed me. Gosh I wish I had it in me to make faces at them when they tell me what they do with their pets. I am more informed than you think, thank ya very much!

crazedACD

I was discussing future puppy with my coworkers, and one of them started talking about how training a pup in the winter won't be very fun - I corrected her and said it'd be more like the tail end of winter since the breeder keeps them for closer to 12 weeks. All of them gave me this shifty look and kind of grimaced and then started going on about how that's too long to stay with a breeder, socialization will be ruined at that point etc.

I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION? Obviously BAD breeders don't socialize, but that's not what we're talking about! Like staying with the breeder HAS to mean they don't ever set foot outside a kennel or something.

It jut miffed me. Gosh I wish I had it in me to make faces at them when they tell me what they do with their pets. I am more informed than you think, thank ya very much!
:( I..prefer 10-12 weeks. IMO especially if there are other puppies there, I think it helps with dog-dog social skills, bite inhibition, etc. Especially if the breeder is working on a little crating and getting used to being on a leash, it just makes it easier for you.

Saeleofu

I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION?
Logan was with his breeder for 54 weeks. He should have been REALLY screwed :rofl1:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
:( I..prefer 10-12 weeks. IMO especially if there are other puppies there, I think it helps with dog-dog social skills, bite inhibition, etc. Especially if the breeder is working on a little crating and getting used to being on a leash, it just makes it easier for you.
That was my take too! If a breeder is actually putting time into the litter, I just don't see the negative side of it lol. They can take them to the vet and for car rides and have them meet people etc. just like I would. It's not like they're from some foreign planet where it's impossible lol. My other argument was, well, I got Juno at 8 weeks... and she's screwed up, so probably it's for the better to have the breeder handle most of the socialization. :D

But definitely, I would rather get a puppy "later" than too early.

Logan was with his breeder for 54 weeks. He should have been REALLY screwed
You mean he's NOT screwed up? Blasphemy! :eek:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
My right side of my stomach has been hurting really bad on and off for the past week. It wasn't so bad at first, top area below my ribcage and was a dull pain. So I pretty much just ignored it (yeah of course that's a good idea). It's just been getting worse though :(

Today it was pretty bad, started getting sharper, but then we went running at the gym on the treadmill and when we stopped it was pretty bad. Instaed of being dull it was a very sharp stabbing pain. So I got to walk home looking like crap as I didn't want to change, I just wanted to get home. Finally got home and, the pain has gotten better, but it keeps stabbing every once in a while.

I'm afraid I have to go to the doctors :(

HUGS , have them check ya gall bladder. sounds like a gall stone . I hope you feel better.

Members online