hes sick!

iluvdogs

So the dog that I adopted, I think hes sick..Today I notice he has green snot coming from his nose, and hes coughing/gaging sometimes!!

Calling my vet soon.

I hope its nothing bad!! :(

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Kennel cough is a frequent "illness" that dogs get when they transition from shelter to a home. Maybe an upper respiratory infection? Hope all is okay.

Ohhh and I think it's too late, but you want to separate him from your other animals. Kennel cough is contagious.

iluvdogs

Crappy, I called like 4 places and they are all full today!!!

So, Tomorrow at 10:45 is the best I can get!

The thing is..He got a shot for kennel caught on the 13th...But I guess it could of been to late??

Poor guy.

yeah, Skyler has been around him since thursday!!..I hope hes okay too :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
There are many strains of kennel cough. When I brought my last pup home that was supposedly over it, my dogs came down with kennel cough. Try to keep them separated just in case. Let us know what the vet says.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I never saw green snot with kennel cough...gallons of phlem however. THere are so many respitory illness in shelters. Good vibes and good energies and lots of prayers for a quick recovery. Sorries that is a hard start but your pupper will know how much you care.

iluvdogs

Thanks everyone!..and thanks smkie for the quick recovery!

Last night was baad!...He kept throwing up water/slime!...yuck!!

Today, hes here with me at work...and we only been up for about 2 hours..He seems to be doing okay...Not throwing up/coughing...he did just gag once...but I took him outside and he has the runs!! I know something is up though, as hes just sleeping on the dog pillow, and thats not like him..Hes a hyper guy!!

Guess I will find out in 2 hours and 45 mins whats wrong..

I will keep you guys posted!!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Poor guy. Sounds like Beezer when we brought him home and he ended up with kennel cough. And this was after he got vaccinated for it. Luckily Belle didn't get it. But he was on antibiotics for a little bit and we got some pills to relieve his coughing in the meantime and he was good as new.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Waiting to hear.

iluvdogs

Yup, you guys were right..It's kennel cough!

So hes on antibiotics every 12 hours...The girl was like..Its pricey but works good.

LOL..It was funny..The vet walks in, and hes all happy to see her..and then he sneezes and all this snot comes out...LOL..She checked him over, made him cough??..and then got us some pills.

I went back to my normal vet, to see if Skyler had that shot...but he didnt...The girl just said to keep a eye on him.

Thanks again everyone!! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Glad it's something easy! Now just watch your other dogs and if possible, do a disinfecting run around the house.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Did they say to keep them separated? My new pup gave kennel cough to my other 3 dogs (1 had been vaccinated for it so didn't get it as bad); one of my dogs almost went into pneumonia (lost 20 lbs.) and had a long recovery. I only say this because it was 2 months of a long illness at my home and won't ever take kennel cough lightly again.

Hope the pup gets better soon.

iluvdogs

Yeah, They told me not to let him around other animals...I hope my other dog is okay..I got this guy on Thursday..but didn't notice anything serious until Monday..and took him in yesterday...So I hope hes okay.

Its soooo hard keeping them apart...Trike just wants to sleep, so thats okay...but Skyler just wants to play play play!!

With the way Trike was acting, I thought the worse, and hope he didn't have pneumonia..Thank goodness he don't!!

He loooves being outside, and at the shelter we seen on his cage that he wouldn't eat inside as he didn't like the floor.

Thanks again everyone!..

iluvdogs

Oh yeah...It was sooooo gross this morning!!

All ready for work, just went to put my shoes on..and I felt something wet on my sock ( I was thinking, okay its prolly just water since he was just drinking it ) but for some reason I was like...I better check.

I turn my foot over and it was this HUGE GREEN SNOT CHUNK on the bottom of my sock...EEEEWWW

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Barb did your dogs snot up? I have never had a dog do that, cough insanely, til you line the corners of the rooms with newspaper and change often...til you sit in teh bathroom steaming it up propping the dog up on pillows, but never did the nose run. I wonder why?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Barb did your dogs snot up? I have never had a dog do that, cough insanely, til you line the corners of the rooms with newspaper and change often...til you sit in teh bathroom steaming it up propping the dog up on pillows, but never did the nose run. I wonder why?
Beezer had a lot of mucus when he had kennel cough. it would be all over the couch when he sneezed.

Members online

No members online now.