Superficial Reasons You Would Own a Breed

Romy

Taxiderpy
My secret superficial want is one of those puppymill rescue cresteds that look like goblins. Because goblins.

Either that or a well bred hairy hairless, because my little pony dog.

Or standard poodle so I could groom it to look like a tiny camel. TINY CAMEL.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Xolo. Because they look cool. Duh.

Sighthounds. I like reliability off leash. I have small dogs. I have chickens. I don't like thin, easily torn skin. I don't like the long toes. But holy freaking stunning.

crazedACD

Bull Terriers. I just think they are adorable/handsome. That head. Such a bad match for me.

Also anything really tall...Danes and Irish Wolfhounds. Love the size, I don't know why, but they don't suit me well either.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Afghan Hound cause pretty coat and rare.

Old English Sheepdog cause cotton candy proof.

Locke

Terrible match for me, but I love boxers. I love their crazy butt wiggles, and big wide happy faces.

I love poodles because they're all I've ever had, and I'm scared to change! I also enjoy giving them fun haircuts.

I love merle and brindle patterning, and have to resist getting dogs just because of that.

Any dog that swims. I will take it. I want a swimmer so badly.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Border Collies with really pretty, balanced markings and a nice lean agility structure. I will pick a breeder with structure and looks in mind (as well as everything else), because there are some homely BCs out there.
Oh and I got Rigby entirely 100% based on her ears. I did not care what her problems were, I needed the ears.

As for dogs I wouldn't own but think they're pretty...

Dobermans so sleek and shiny, with nice structure and cropped ears. And Pharaoh Hounds.
teh prettiness.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
A pinto American Akita. Because they look awesome. If they could be household animal friendly (pocket pets/livestock included), strange dog polite, and polite with strangers (both on and off the property), I totally wouldn't turn one down. I actually kind of wish they were more suited for me, because I bet that would be a breed DH and I could agree on.

Most Mastiffs type breeds. I've come to the conclusion that a giant dog that drools and isn't the most athletic animal I'm the world, with DA/HA tendencies, would be a horrible fit. But I love them anyway and if someone said, "take this mastiff puppy!" I wouldn't be able to walk away. Lol

And I totally must have a dog that likes to retrieve and likes to swim. Cynder does neither and she is boring. At the very least, a dog that likes to swim/play in water is needed for the ultimate dog experience. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Bullmastiffs and Rottweilers. I've seen some lean, functional looking ones and they're just so pretty! And totally the wrong dog for me.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Dobermans!
I rent, I have a male dog (and would want a male), I don't like dealing with ears...
but oh so pretty! And they look so great in collars and so badass!

Oh and french bulldogs call to me with their adorable snorty siren songs

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Pit bulls because they look the best in fancy collars. :eek::eek::eek:

Except not really because they're very wrong for me but their collars make me jealous.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Most Mastiffs type breeds. I've come to the conclusion that a giant dog that drools and isn't the most athletic animal I'm the world, with DA/HA tendencies, would be a horrible fit. But I love them anyway and if someone said, "take this mastiff puppy!" I wouldn't be able to walk away. Lol
Bullmastiffs and Rottweilers. I've seen some lean, functional looking ones and they're just so pretty! And totally the wrong dog for me.
Boerboel, Boerboel, BOERBOEL. Get one, seriously. They are pure awesome and very athletic, at least mine is. And they are suppose to be very athletic. GET ONE!!! MEOW!!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Boerboel, Boerboel, BOERBOEL. Get one, seriously. They are pure awesome and very athletic, at least mine is. And they are suppose to be very athletic. GET ONE!!! MEOW!!!
Ship a female pup to my doorstep....:D

AmberD

A pinto American Akita. Because they look awesome. If they could be household animal friendly (pocket pets/livestock included), strange dog polite, and polite with strangers (both on and off the property), I totally wouldn't turn one down. I actually kind of wish they were more suited for me, because I bet that would be a breed DH and I could agree on.
Polite? As opposed to friendly? That's doable.

Bogart is picky about dogs, but he certainly tends to be polite (unless he feels they are staring or otherwise challenging). I have taken him to dozens of dog-packed events without incident. He is friendly with people on and off property. He does charge the fence if someone is on the other side. He is skeptical of overbearing children (and dogs), but he was a 5yo stray when I adopted him, so who knows what kind of socialization he had before that. Initially he wanted to eat cats, but he lives with seven now. I've never had him around livestock, and when I had rats the dogs were not allowed to be out when they were. I wouldn't discount them entirely. Oh but they drool. I do wish someone had told me that.

Afghan Hound, because that coat and how elegant they look. Want.

Actually any sighthound, I am in love with their appearance, but their lack of reliability off leash is a turn off. :rolleyes:

Bull Terriers, because who wouldn't love an egg head? :D

Great Danes, because holy mother of all things, I love huge dogs! But they have short lives so I don't know if I would be able to survive it, haha.

AmberD

OMG the Crested with perfect coats, yes, I love the pony look. Love. In general, not interested in the breed, but wow.

Does it have to be breed specific?

I'm a sucker for red and white dogs. Brittanys are the only dog I in the Sporting group I would willingly have.

Brindle dogs. My dirty little secret is that I want a brindle Chihuahua.

I prefer prick ears to floppy ears, but rose ears make me smile. Josie's ears tend to lay hound-like, but sometimes they rise to rose-like (not perfect rose, because they're bigger than average pit bull ears), and that's delightful.

Tails. I'd be drawn to any dog with a stand-out tail. Especially fluffy tails that sit over the back.

Lots of white markings, but not a mostly white dog.

A nice, thin, symmetrical blaze.

I love generic collie-type mixes, although I'm not interested in a collie or other herding breeds.

I love the sharp look of a schnauzer (good coats, not weird curly coats), and I love grooming them, but I won't have one.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Did you miss the part where they are totally the wrong dog for me?! :p

Lauren + Gaurdian Breed = No beuno.

Members online

No members online now.