Ack weight

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So Mia officially weighs more than Summer now. Both maintained weight since last time but I had figured their scale was off. Mia: 8.3 Summer: 7.6

:eek:

Now I'm trying to decide if Mia's too fat or Summer is too skinny. Or both. Mia is shorter and finer boned but also not as lanky. Summer is getting a bit boney but has zero extra weight. Mia has a touch of padding over her ribs but still has a nice tuck and defined waist. I'm baffled how she could weigh more though.

At the vet doing yearly bloodwork and annuals.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Very true. :p.

Vet said they're both good although Summer is really lean.

Mia's knees still don't seem to be bothering her, got bloodwork on both. Mia's anal glands were full hence the butt scooting. Mia is still pathetic at the vet and Summer thinks the vet is awesome and fun. Vet says Summer is one of his favorite dogs and he can't believe when I tell him that Mia is really the wild one.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't think so. Summer is ripped for such a little tiny dog. Vet did say that Mia has more 'padding' than Summer and Summer is very lean but definitely not too skinny or lacking in muscle. Mia's ribs are easily felt and she has a tuck and waist.

I'm still not sure how she weighs that much more. I think I am going to try to shave off a little more weight though.

DenoLo

Lo's still working off a bit of winter weight too. I don't think she'll ever be a lean dog though, just not built that way. Might be the same for Mia. I kind of feel like with these littles you can only cut back on food so much!

Members online

No members online now.