Guess who I met today!

M

MyHorseMyRules

I met happyhound at the dog park! She's so nice and apparently very tolerant because Raja chose today to act like a complete idiot. She spent most of her time harassing poor Twiggy, and the rest of her time was spent pretending she couldn't hear me. *facepalm* How embarrassing. Nevertheless, I had a really good time and took some pics.

Raja always looks like a drowned rat when she comes out of the water.

Hey, look! It's a Jake! He's such an awesome dog and soo handsome.

Poor Twiggy did her best to get the toy back to us, despite Raja's best efforts.

Talk to the tail, Raja!

*MORE*

SharkBait

awesome photos my friend! spot on exposure and all, i always find that a bit of a challenge on sunny days!!

Oh, and Raja looks beaut as always!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Looks like they had lots of fun. Are our dogs supposed to listen to us when they're having fun with friends.

They do like to make us look like chumps from time to time, don't they? :D I think it's part of their idea of a good time. Favorite doggy game: Humiliate the Human :wall:

Looks like they were having a fabulous time though! Or maybe because, lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
DId you like watching a pointer run? Be still my heart i do not think there is a more beautiful sight. I look at short legged, funny shaped dogs and feel sorry for them.
I love a play park play date. And meeting a chazzer would make it ten fold.

Raja..that's what children do.;) My son Aaron would make me wish the floor would open up and swallow me whole with the things he did in public when he was small.

Next time you meet up they will be old friends and it will be different.
You should see my crew when we meet up with friends like Zoomer and Sawyer.

Sometimes when Victor runs i can tell he feels the air on his body like silk. He runs for the sheer joy and it is so effortless. Twiggy is gooorgous!

happyhound

We had a lot of fun too!! Except when I got mugged by Blue Dog!

You should take Raja to the next dock jumping/lure coursing fun day out in Plantersville next time they have one. The lab, too, if she likes water and running!

But I don't think we will be able to go to the dog park for awhile. BOTH dogs tore their pads. Twiggy's isn't too bad but the top layer of Jake's pad has only about 1/5 of it still connected. I thought he looked a little off at the park and now I know why!

Here are some pictures of the lure coursing that I was talking about. If your dogs like to run and chase then they will definitely love it!

M

MyHorseMyRules

Thanks, everyone! Smkie, it was pretty awesome. She has two very cool dogs, and they are both so gorgeous.

Happyhound, I bet Raja would love lure coursing! Is there a website or something that I can check for upcoming events?

happyhound

The website is Houston Area Dock Dogs and they have a Yahoo list too. The fun day in April was the first time they had the lure coursing to my knowledge.

It's at Jest Fer Fun Training Center in Plantersville, TX. Jest Fur Fun Training Center

Did Raja get her pads torn up? Both of mine got theirs torn up pretty bad. First time I've ever had pad issues after going to the dog park. They look like they are constantly walking on hot coals. It does seem to keep them relatively calm, though.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Thanks! I'll look into it. It sounds like fun.

As soon as I got home yesterday, I checked Raja's pads, but they were completely fine. I wonder what happened with yours! I hope they heal up quickly. Is it like they got cut by something sharp? Or just scraped raw?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
OH wow i bet you didn't read that in one of my and zoom's park threads. You need to get them out of the water for awhile about 20-30 minutes and let their feet dry well before they get back in. THe pad swells and when they turn on concrete or brick (big rocks too) it comes off like a blister. SOrry sorries that is an owie and a half. Bronki did it to both front feet and i had to carry him in and out for a week. HE couldn't walk at all.

happyhound

OH wow i bet you didn't read that in one of my and zoom's park threads. You need to get them out of the water for awhile about 20-30 minutes and let their feet dry well before they get back in. THe pad swells and when they turn on concrete or brick (big rocks too) it comes off like a blister. SOrry sorries that is an owie and a half. Bronki did it to both front feet and i had to carry him in and out for a week. HE couldn't walk at all.
Awww, poop. That is what definitely what happened. Twiggy had them on all 4 feet and Jake only had it on one--Twiggy swims A LOT more than Jake.

Oh, well. At least I can watch out for it next time.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wow... BEAUTIFUL pictures of Raja and those stunning GSP's. It's awesome that you guys got to meet up. :) It looks like such a nice day!

I'm going to keep that pad thing in mind, next time I take the dogs swimming. Poor Jake and Twiggy! Sounds like you two will be rockin' booties for a while. hehe

M

MyHorseMyRules

Ouch! Sounds painful. Thanks for the info, smkie. I'll keep that in mind next time I take the girls swimming.

Members online