How did you get involved with, or find, Chaz?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how everyone found Chazhound. I remember JacksonsMom starting a thread a while back about changes in knowledge that Chaz has brought her, and that got me curious as to how people came about it, or what inspired them to join a dog forum. Was it your first dog forum? Had you been a member of other topic forums before?

I've been a member of a horse forum for a while, and when I decided to start looking at getting a puppy, I joined dogforums to ask which breed would suit me best. I never posted a ton there, mainly lurked. One day, I came across Traveler and Didgie, and PM'd Linds for more information on Koolies, as I just fell in love with the breed. Eventually, she mentioned for me to check Chazhound out, and I did. I'm so glad that happened.

So how about you? :popcorn:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I belonged to another dog forum and kept seeing references to this one and eventually checked it out. Liked it, stayed, and over time pretty much stopped visiting the other one unless looking for something specific. Much more fun/less insanity here. I think I'm kind of a one-forum person...I will browse others for info but only really participate in one at a time :)

Blame Laurelin :p

Last edited:
I had found it when I first got Kaylee in early 2008, just stumbled across it. Posted a little but just wasn't feeling it. So I ended up pretty much lurking, with intermittent posting here and there for a good two years.

Then, I was getting Traveler and had something to post about so I started to post more. I just felt more connected to the forum that time around and haven't left since.

Though I will say it's an odd feeling, to know all these people because you had lurked for two years and them not really know you.

Toller_08

I don't even know. There must have been a link to Chaz on another forum or something... I honestly can't remember how I found it. But I joined because I think I just got bored with other forums (not much knowledge on some, others were slow) and wanted something different. When I first got a computer I was just 14 and I was so excited to find out that dog message boards existed that I think I joined most of them haha. But after the novelty wore off, and I gained more maturity/got older, I grew tired of the first forum I joined. It was more geared toward just pet people and wasn't dog specific except for a small section. It's more of a "look at my cute pictures!" forum now, which is fine (everyone knows I like pictures), but I just wanted something different. I liked it well enough, but I think Chaz has more to offer in the way of information and knowledge over all. And like I said, I'd joined others as well, but for some reason the interest in them just never stuck. I still pop into them here and there just because, but not very often.

I remember when I first joined Chaz it took me a while to become comfortable with it though. I mostly browsed and didn't post very often at all, and I think even forgot about it for a little while, but then found my way back and somehow it became my new forum. Aside from the chaos that sometimes happens here, Chaz is my favourite dog forum.

Zhucca

Lab Love
I heard it mentioned on on the dog.com forums.

Chazhound is my favourite forum, warts and all.

It's the most active and has the most genuine members. I'm not super active (i'm a lurker to the core), but I always read every thread.

Airn

I was trying to get more information on Kelpies. I stumbled across an old "What breed is my dog?" thread where a Kelpie was mentioned several times. I started looking more into the forum and here I am.

It's my first dog forum. Other than gaming or roleplaying forums, it's my first one in a while. I'm not involved in any other forums, animal or otherwise.

k9krazee

I joined my first dog forum in 2005. Then in 2006 I joined here and another dog forum, and over time slowly stopped participating at the other two (one is slow but has a lot of members that I meet up with once a yearish and the other is just really tiny). I'm pretty sure I followed Tessa over here -- I knew her when we were kids junior handling in agility and I was hoping to reconnect....haha.

k9krazee

But after the novelty wore off, and I gained more maturity/got older, I grew tired of the first forum I joined. It was more geared toward just pet people and wasn't dog specific except for a small section. It's more of a "look at my cute pictures!" forum now, which is fine (everyone knows I like pictures), but I just wanted something different. I liked it well enough, but I think Chaz has more to offer in the way of information and knowledge over all.
My exact thoughts, too.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I joined my first dog forum in 2005. Then in 2006 I joined here and another dog forum, and over time slowly stopped participating at the other two (one is slow but has a lot of members that I meet up with once a yearish and the other is just really tiny). I'm pretty sure I followed Tessa over here -- I knew her when we were kids junior handling in agility and I was hoping to reconnect....haha.
My condolences...

milos_mommy

Pretty sure I googled "dog forums". I'm not active on any other animal forums, and at the time I went on a few music/band forums, so I figured I'd look for somewhere to talk about my gorgeous perfect angel puppy :rofl1: where my friends wouldn't want to kill me for it.

I use to visit video gaming forums many many years ago, to mostly help me get through the games without the use of system altering cheating devices that everyone else in my school was using. It didn't ever occur to me to join a "dog" forum till I started looking for my next dog, I knew I wasn't going to have my childhood companion much longer. I found Chaz on a Google search for Beaucerons, I also found another forum with the same search, and back then there really wasn't more than 20 pages total on Google for the search term "Beauceron". In the end, I joined the other forum because the member who was posting was more and more recently active there, and I'll admit the smaller community of people there was a more welcoming feel than the craziness of all the people here, still feels crazy at times especially with all the spam, oh well. Anyway, long story short, I've cyber-surfed Chaz for years but didn't join until I knew I might be able to answer another members questions and "Sizzle" didn't reply to my PM's on another forum, so here I am, and glad I joined, as it's the only forum I really visit anymore, far less "internet drama" here, and even with the recent bugs it's no nearly as unreliable as the originally unnamed forums last upgrade that ruined it for good.

And no, I did not invite all the people I know from that other forum here after I joined, I seriously couldn't tell you how that happened.

BostonBanker

I was looking for information on Mountain Curs after I got Meg, and got here through Google searching and finding a thread on Gempress' Zeus (black mouth cur, but I think the term Mountain Cur came up somewhere in the thread).

SaraB

I belonged to another dog forum and kept seeing references to this one and eventually checked it out. Liked it, stayed, and over time pretty much stopped visiting the other one unless looking for something specific. Much more fun/less insanity here. I think I'm kind of a one-forum person...I will browse others for info but only really participate in one at a time :)
This. Was on another forum, hated the drama, kept seeing chaz references and moved here. I was a member on a few other forums but eventually those faded away.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Probably good ol' Google!

It was right after my mom said I could get another dog. So I was researching breeds/puppy raising and eventually found myself here. I think I just lurked around for a brief period, left, and didn't really start visiting regularly until I got Lucy almost a year later.

I was a member of several other pet forums, but this is the one I've stuck with most and is probably my favorite!

Maxy24

I really liked to do those "what breeds fit you best" tests so googled something to find those. I had done all of the tests so was on like page three of google results and a Chazhound thread was there where someone was asking what breeds would be best for them and since I was all out of online quizzes I was like cool I can ask real people what breeds fit me! So my first thread is one of those and is mostly a lie (insinuated I was an adult though looking back I doubt anyone fell for that, said I was about to get a dog, said I had a fenced in yard), I just wanted to have an idea of future breeds for me.

Then I started reading and liked the place.

I had never been to a forum before but I soon learned they are the best place for info, they have completely turned around the way I care for my pets, I can't imagine how different I'd be without them seeing how huge animals are in my life.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Google. Had just had Ozzy neutered I think, and was googling how to keep a dog quiet I believe.

I've always been on forums, but I Chaz is really the only one I stuck with. I was on another for a very long time, but it was more of a general forum vs specific interests. I rarely go anywhere else other than Chaz.

Members online

No members online now.