Nutrition

I'd redo those numbers first. They just don't seem right. With that few calories he should be losing weight. Probably not in a healthy way that promotes health, but the body needs to run on something.

Drinks, condiments, snacks...

Red.Apricot

Hey! Tell him to be frustrated no more. I've got the perfect solution. I could borrow him for a couple of weeks. I've got a big landscaping project in the planning stages. There's lots of weights doing that. There's stone patio and wall work, digging up sod, hauling in dirt and mulch, lifting trees and scrubs out of their pots and planting them. Even the yard work I'm doing now is strengthening my muscles. Send him this-a-way! :rofl1:
He'd actually enjoy that, I think. :rofl1: Our neighbor jokingly said they should hire him to do their lawn care and he was like, "Really? I'd love to!" and they were kinda, "Er... maybe... later...?"

I think you might be a little far away, though. ;]

Red.Apricot

I'd redo those numbers first. They just don't seem right. With that few calories he should be losing weight. Probably not in a healthy way that promotes health, but the body needs to run on something.

Drinks, condiments, snacks...
He said he included everything, even the sugar in his iced tea. We don't own a person-scale, though, so he hasn't weighed himself in a month or so.

Doberluv

Yeah, it's bit of a drive up here. lol.

Well, it seems he's eating too few calories to not be losing any weight. That's weird. Hmmm. I try to stick with loads of veggies and enough meat, salmon about 3 times a week, beans sometimes. I eat very little bread, noodles, pasta...stuff like that. But my downfall is sugar...the worst thing of all. I don't think I over do it...no cookies, cakes, pastries. But I do need a little chocolate so nobody gets hurt.:D

I've lost quite a bit of weight and it was in a fairly short time. But just lately, I've kind of been stuck. Before, when I lost all that weight...about 45 lbs, I basically counted calories and cut out breads and unnecessary fat like butter and mayo, cheese, super fatty meats that have lots of calories etc. No processed foods to speak of. I've just sort of not been as strict lately and that plus low thyroid seems to be making it difficult to get off those last few lbs. I know one thing...going too el stricto isn't good. So, a treat now and again is a good thing I think.

They can say all they want how exercise doesn't make you lose weight. But even if it doesn't burn a ton of calories, that increase in muscle in itself does burns fat and you just look and feel better I think. So, I joined the Y and use their machines and most of all, swim laps because I am more at home in water than on land. I should have been a dolphin.:p

So, good luck to your b.f. I think once he finds something that fits his individual metabolism, he'll lose. It's just one of those things that takes adjustments and trial and error until you find a life style change that works.

Members online

No members online now.