Sewing!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
So, after having inherited my mum's machine when she passed away eight years ago, and trying to use it several times and failing, SO got me sewing lessons for my birthday. I finally took them in October/November and FINALLY, I can sew!

Other sewers here? I know JessLough sews. What kind of stuff do you all sew, or is it mostly repairs/hems?

Here's my machine. It's a Bernette 730 from the mid-90's. I had to buy a new pedal for it since the old one somehow rusted over the years.

Here's the machines we used in class... Husqvarna Viking 690. Bit more high-tech haha. That bag next to it is the first project I've finished, it was the class project.

So far I've finished two tote bags and I've done some repairing of hoodie pockets & my kigurumi, and a hem on a pair of pants.

I have a whackload of fleece, so my next projects will be a new bedding set for Barrett's cage (and new hammocks because his old ones have soccer balls and hockey pucks, boring) and some PJ pants for Marsh and I.

Where do you guys buy fabric? Canadians especially. We have Fabricland locally that has a huge selection but their prices are so high. I keep ogling stuff on Spoonflower but ugh, also expensive AND in the states. I'll save them for special, special projects. There seems to be a few good fabric shops online, but none that seem really great in Canada.

Share your stuff! What do you sew on? What do you sew?

Members online