min pins

some ofu guys kno that i a getting a pup in januray.. this pup willbe a min pin.. i havent had a a dog in almost 4 years.. and that dog wasnt my responisbility.. i am 16.. but this dog will be seeing how i switched parents lol.. ive heard around alot that min pins are not for first time dog owners.. do u guys still think this would be a bad time for me to geta min pin??.. thnx.. raymond

A

an5gel99

min pin owner advice

JUST TO TELL YOU. MIN PINS ARE VERY HARD TO GET TRAINED TO COME. DONT LEAVE YOUR DOG OUTSIDE WITHOUT A LEASH ON...start young with training and not being food agressive.

P.S GOOD CHOICE ON A DOGGIE. I HAVE 1. DONT CROP THE EARS PLEASE. ITS CRUEL. ANYWAY....THEY ARE VERY LOVING. START YOUNG WITH NAIL TRIMMING...OR YOU WILL NEVER GET THEM CLIPPED....DO DEWCLAW THEM THX BYE

A

an5gel99

I meant that you sould declaw their front and back dew claws because they could get stuck on blankets and in carpets and it pulls them and they could rip and bleed. that happened to my dog. Also get the dog spayed or neutered. Start training young. any more info my aol sn is an5gel99.

Having dew claws removed is a judgement call. There are a couple of good, long and informative threads on the subject in the Health forum.

Dew claws are usually either floppy, which makes them prone to getting caught on things, or are attached like a toe and fit snuggly next to the leg. The floppy ones really should be removed for safety's sake. The snug ones don't necessarily need to be removed, and some dogs actually use them to grasp things and hold them.

A

an5gel99

I meant that you should de claw the front and back. Do the back for saftey reasons and the front so you have less stress to put your dog through while clipping them. the vet could do that while the dog is getting spayed or neutered. bye

Min pins are VERY hyper dogs. My friend had one that destroyed her room because it had seperation anxiety. This IS MY OPINION- I have emt many min pins and I know you cant judge a couple of dogs to other ones.. BUT I wouldnt recommend a Min Pin to a unexpeirenced person with them. Is that the only breed you want?

A

an5gel99

i wouldnt reccomend a min pin to an unexperienced person either. You should go for a different breed now but dont totally cross that breed out.

not sleeping

Hello
Im a new member and I have just resently obtained a min pin puppy.
She does not quite sleep through the night and she fights sleep alot.
Is there any way I could help her. She sleeps in a kennel and she just whines and screams. :(
Is there anyway that you could help me with anything? Thank you
:confused:
Thank you
~krystal

Yep...min pins are hyper and not easy to house break but they are awesome dogs. I pet sit for two of them and I love the heck out of them!

Pam

Hyper? YES

I agree min pins are really hyper! MY puppy Sakura is a handfull! She chews everything she can get and she is constently on the go, but i love her for it. When you try to eat she can be a handful she will climb up on your shoulder and try and mooch of you. I am trying to break her of that habit but my mom thinks it is so cute and she incourages that behavior by rewarding her with some of her food. :( I have to tell her everytime i see her do it that it is not good and that it is teaching her bad habits.
Sakura loves to go and run around out side she seems to stick very close and does not wander off but she is still a puppy she might when she gets older. ;)
~Krystal
This is my first dog and im quite happy with her i am 14 and my parents have 2 labs and they get along fine with sakura! :)

Kristy

Although Miniature Pinschers can be a hand full, you will love them! They do require alot of attention. I have a Min Pin who is about 7 months now, and when I first got him I felt like I had brought home a new born!! You have to have patience with them bc they can be pretty stubborn but they are awesome pets. I think that you would be fine with one as long as you have the time and patience to take care of it. They like alot of attention and toys! And one more thing... DONT let up on the house training, it may take a while but they will get it eventually.:p

Kristy

Min pins.....

I have a little Min Pin who is 7 months old. He has slept with me sense day one, and he does fine. I dont know if you would want to consider having yours in the same bed as you at night, but they make good little teddy bears!:p But do keep in mind, once you start letting them sleep with you.. you will never get rid of them!! lol

Fran27

My first dog was a min pin. My ex fell in love with him so we got him (like 7 years ago now), but we had to give him away when we divorced (he didn't want to keep him and I was going to move into a very small appartment and being out all day).

Anyway, I know it's different because we were out 10 hours a day at the time (I know, talk about irresponsible owners), but anyway, I don't remember him being too hyper, he was actually pretty shy with strangers (but again he was from a petstore) and he never destroyed anything in the house, even after being home alone for 10 hours as a pup. I remember him chewing my purse when it was on the floor but a quick no and he stopped. We didn't really do any training, and of course at one year old he still wasn't housebroken, but I can't say it was the best conditions for that anyway. He was a real love bug, extremely clingy, and he wanted to be on your lap all the time.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.