<3 Murtagh

Brattina88

March 18th, 2011 my big boy started to crash, I rushed him to the vet, got medicine, and got up every two hours that morning in hopes that I could nurse him back to health. In the wee hours of the morning, on March 19th I had to let my sweet, beautiful, cuddley, handsome chubber go... I miss him so... sooooo much, I still can't talk about it without tearing up. It was so sudden, and so unfair :( For the first week or so, I couldn't comprehend what happened properly. Heck, I still can't.

I have wrote and re-wrote this thread a couple of times, only to click the red X and walk away. I have "what ifs" and what nots swimming in my head, my only comfort is I helped him cross over, so that he wouldn't be in pain any longer (though if I would've known, I would've done it the 18th, instead of 'dragging it out' :().

But I do want to post this thread, to remember him, and to celebrate his life, as heartbroken as I am.

RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill.
In a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next.
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears pricked forward, eyes dart from front to back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Had turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over…together

This is the first picture I saw of Murtagh... He's my first breeder ferret, and I hope he won't be the last. My only regret, was the short time that I got to spend with him.

and the first pic I took of him, when I brought him home June 19th

such a cuddlebug...

I cherish these pictures, the last photoshoot before.... well, you know...

Dook and play in peace, big boy. I love you, and I miss you, more than words can say. See you on the other side kiddo ~

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Oh Dana :( (((((hugs hugs))))))
I will never forget the worry that night, nor will I forget the feeling when I woke up to a text letting me know you were saying your final goodbyes.

You can see the love and gentle soul in his eyes, and I only wish I could say "I met him". I am sure I can speak for everybody here when I say that the love you had for him glimmered through all the posts about him, and the same goes for all your other pets.

It is just not fair. :( Ferrets are such sweet creatures to have such a short life.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you have given a lovely tribute to a beautiful creature. No ferret could be luckier than to have been loved by you. Run Free Mertagh, Mary's there and she will give you kisses and you come across the bridge.
(((((((HUGS And HUGS and HUGS))))))

Brattina88

It's tough to come back to this thread! :( :(

THANK YOU everyone, for you kind words, hugs, and well wishes for my boy. I miss him soooo much... It's always good to be surrounded by people who understand :/

And thank you, Jess... for making me cry :p But in a good way, I guess. Your words really touched me... I don't know how to say what that means to me, other than a simple Thank you (doesn't seem like enough, though)

Dang allergies.

Brattina88

Allie.... I'm so sorry I didn't respond to this thread sooner. I hope Jess relayed the message on how grateful I am, and how much I love it (tons and tons and tons!!!!). I printed it out, and put it in a frame on my nightstand <3

I have been an emotional wreck somedays... where I can't even hear/say his name. Other days I talk about him too much, it makes other people uncomfortable...
Today I had a ferret playdate with my three, and Amanda's two ferrets. They had a blast, but I was a little down, I just wished he could've been there :(

I miss my boy sooo soooooo much. I am grateful for the two new little distractions that were sent to me, I love them dearly, but its not the same. (I hope it doesn't sound like I don't love them, I really really do!! <3) Isaac is turning into quite the chunker, and he's trying hard to be more cuddly and less nippy :eek: lol

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
Ferrets have a special way that no other does to dook and weasel thier way into your heart , So deep you dont really relize how deep untill they are gone. I have had the pleasure of having 17 of these short legged angels touch my life, the longest visit was just a short 9 years. He knows you love and miss him and he will be there to greet you when its your time to see the bridge, untill then he will watch over you and dook around in your heart bringing you a smile when you think of him.

RIP Little man.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, Dana.

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I know how deeply Murt burrowed into your heart. Remember, he will never leave that place he made for himself.

Members online

No members online now.