This is just my worst fear......

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Fran I dont know alot on allergies, I know the basics ragweed, grass, dander etc. Isnt there a dog shampoo out there that also helps with dander. I know bathing a pup on a daily basis is a pain, but I am wondering if that would help.

MyDogsLoveMe said:
Fran I dont know alot on allergies, I know the basics ragweed, grass, dander etc. Isnt there a dog shampoo out there that also helps with dander. I know bathing a pup on a daily basis is a pain, but I am wondering if that would help.
Not Fran, but can I answer too? :)
Bathing could help, although daily bathing wouldn't be good for the dog. I know they advise weekly bathing in the case of allergies, but of course the person with the allergies/asthma should not be the one doing the bathing as that can trigger the symptoms - which wouldn't work for me, LOL, as I am the primary caregiver for the dog. There are some products such as Allerpet-D, a liquid that supposedly reduces dander when rubbed onto the fur, that can be helpful, and I plan to try that - however, one can be allergic to the fur itself, the dander, the saliva, or the urine, so it's not a simple thing, ya know?

014509Bo

Fran27
About the remedies and eating solutions to cure asthma, unfortunately it doesn't work when allergy is the cause. I would have died without meds personally.
I have seen many people heal themselves through natural healing and holistic programs. I have seen it proven over and over again people with horrible allergies, asthma, ADD etc that have been healed by making your body healthy. Conventional doctors surpress the problem and just cover it up, something like digging a hole and stuffing your problem in there and trying to throw dirt over it, the next rain storm and it's uncovered again and back bigger and badder. Basically promoting a bad diet and a quick fix with a pill is not going to be a long term solution and most conventional med's are creating greater problems in the end.
With allergies, asthma, most problems we have can be healed through healthy eating and natural rememdies, natural rememdies support the health of the person and boost the immune system. Eating healthy organically grown foods makes your body strong and able to deal with problems. Diseases such as allergies, cancer, heart disease and many other are the product of our current unhealthy lifestyles of eating unhealthy overly processed foods, candy, too much sugar, refined salt, pollution, drinking cows milk which in itself is the cause of most allergies, you really don't need all the harmfull additives of cows milk (pasturiezed milk contains anitbiotics, growth hormones etc) which is mainly the reason most of these problems exist in people. Mothers who didn't breast feed and bottle fed cows milk set their children up for allergies and problems later in life.
Any how, thats just my take on things. I had exercise induced asthma when I was a child. I did not eat healthy when I was a child. When I learned about healthy eating all my childhood health problems including ADD dissapeared. :)

Fran27

I forgot where I read it, lol. It's just that it makes people feel better to have a pet and a companion, especially when they are retired. So they tend to get less depressed and sad...

yoko

my friends dad went through the same thing you are. what they did was they gave the dog a bath every other night with this special shampoo and they got this perscription food... i don't remember what it was called... just that it was kinda pricy. it helped with the shedding as well. anyway he still gets headaches but it's not as bad as how he use to react to the dog

Members online

No members online now.