I'm adopting a Corgi!!

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
OT - it's not around anymore, the stupid TV bigwigs took it off the air. Ask anyone though, it was great. I have the entire show on DVD. The movie "Serenity" was a continuation of the show, if you remember that being in theaters awhile back. There are a bunch of lifelong, diehard Firefly fans out there... RD being one of them! (me too!)
I also own the entire series and the movie! <333

And yay corgi! You can never have too many corgis!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Standing there was this gorgeous and sweet Corgi that I couldn't walk away from.
well of course not, silly. that's the corgi mission ~ "Make sure I am irresistible"

looking forward to hearing all about her!!

:D

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Awww, what an adorable little girl! I'm so excited for you, Amy. : D Corgis are like no other breed, that's for sure. It's great that you're giving her a forever home in time for the holidays.

She looks very dainty... I was thinking of flower names. She could be a Daisey, or Petunia, or Daffodil, or Tallulah, maybe? I like Saffron, too.

*Amy*

Thanks! Lots and lots of brushing. If he doesn't get brushed at least every other day, he gets mats. >X.x;<
Wow, is he called a long haired or is that just one of the variations they can have in their coats? I hope mine can have hair that pretty once she gets all healthy! :D

*Amy*

well of course not, silly. that's the corgi mission ~ "Make sure I am irresistible"

looking forward to hearing all about her!!
Lol, they are the friendliest little things! You will be hearing lots about her! I can't wait..
:D

Awww, what an adorable little girl! I'm so excited for you, Amy. : D Corgis are like no other breed, that's for sure. It's great that you're giving her a forever home in time for the holidays.

She looks very dainty... I was thinking of flower names. She could be a Daisey, or Petunia, or Daffodil, or Tallulah, maybe? I like Saffron, too.
Thanks! I'm excited, too.. :D Right now she goes by Daisy or Dixie actually, but I think we're pretty sure we're going to call her Holly.. Tallulah is a neat name, though! So many choices.

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Shippo is a Fluffy corgi. It's a pretty uncommon coat mutation. You won't see a whole lot of them, because they are a serious fault in the ring, so reputable breeders won't breed them purposefully.

Regular corgis won't have fur that is so long, and it's actually easier to manage lol...

wishbone

Ahaha I like Saffron too, my sister know that character (I was thinking Saffron was a boy :) ). I'm horrible too with names but I feel happy for you, what a wonderful Christmas present having new wonderful one. I suggest her to name her Mary! :)

*Amy*

Shippo is a Fluffy corgi. It's a pretty uncommon coat mutation. You won't see a whole lot of them, because they are a serious fault in the ring, so reputable breeders won't breed them purposefully.

Regular corgis won't have fur that is so long, and it's actually easier to manage lol...
Oh, okay. Well, I don't think it should be a fault because he looks great. How come long haired chihuahuas (for example) aren't considered a fault, but a fluffy corgi is? Is it because it's less common?

*Amy*

Congrats! I met her today, and she's adorable :D

I hope the week flies by for you... before you know it, you can bring her home!
Thanks! I really hope the week flies by, too. I'm so glad you guys got to meet her today! :)

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
It's a fault because of function... something about how a corgi's hair is if it's long hinders it ability to herd, because the coat collects dirt and debris really easily... it doesn't repel water like a normal corgi coat, and they get ice balls all over. It's okay that it's a fault... it keeps them uncommon, which makes them special to me. >^_^<

*Amy*

It's a fault because of function... something about how a corgi's hair is if it's long hinders it ability to herd, because the coat collects dirt and debris really easily... it doesn't repel water like a normal corgi coat, and they get ice balls all over. It's okay that it's a fault... it keeps them uncommon, which makes them special to me. >^_^<
Oh, I see. Well, that's interesting to know and yes, you have a special boy! That's really cool. :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thanks! I really hope the week flies by, too. I'm so glad you guys got to meet her today! :)
Me too! That was really unexpected, lol.

I always have to stay away from the adoption places. They are way too tempting! When we were looking at Dixie's Petfinder pictures, I was looking at other dogs as well. Ian was like, "Oh no! No more dogs!" Hehe :p

*Amy*

Me too! That was really unexpected, lol.

I always have to stay away from the adoption places. They are way too tempting! When we were looking at Dixie's Petfinder pictures, I was looking at other dogs as well. Ian was like, "Oh no! No more dogs!" Hehe :p
It was unexpected, lol. I just wanted to tell the lady how Carlie was doing and then I saw the dog and my heart just melted. I think I'll stay away from PetSmart on the weekends so I'm not tempted anymore, but we have been thinking for a while about getting another dog so it wasn't completely random. I think I can resist if I see another one in the future because I won't feel that we need another one.. :p

Members online

No members online now.