Picnic Suggestions Welcome

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Ok the next visit with my daughter is this week. We are doing a picnic in the park for 3 hours. We are all excited because this will be the first time Sheena and my daughter have seen each other in 4yrs and she is anxious to see if Sheena remembers her. She does look around the room for her when she calls her while we are Skyping. But I have warned her there is a good chance she might not remember her. Anyway here is the thing. I am providing the food for it. So I am looking for ideas. I was thinking the classic potato salad, deviled eggs, pork bites, and a deli type crossant sandwich. But I am open to change that if I get some other ideas. Plus I am trying to wrack my brain to what to bring as the desserts. Not really wanting to do the usual chips and pop type thing. So drinks and desserts ideas would be great. So thought asking here might help me with some ideas.

milos_mommy

Lemonade or iced tea would be good for drinks, and for picnic dessert we almost always do strawberries and whipped cream (include some angel food cake if you want it to be like strawberry shortcake).

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Oooooooh I have the best picnic sandwich idea. I've made this before, and it is YUMMMMMMM.

Make a picnic loaf! Here is the one I made.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/food/recipes/stuffed-picnic-loaf

But you can basically put anything in there!!! Just get a crusty loaf, hollow it out, put some olive oil in it, layer it up, then wrap tightly in cling film, and out in the fridge with weight on top (I used a chopping board with tins on top).

Slice it up. It went down a storm when I made it!

Think I made mine with a tiger bread loaf mmmmm.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner

Members online

No members online now.