Has your velcro dog ever become unstuck?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi has always been my shadow, and I'm very used to it. But whenever I came to Wales she was far more interested in being outside and playing, or shadowing my other half. Obviously I live here now. She IDOLISES him...... She would much rather follow him than me. Which does hurt a bit!!!

She won't even sleep in the bedroom with us, choosing to sleep downstairs. She's ALWAYS slept in my room, creeping under the covers when she can.....

She's a bit spoilt here as she gets to play out all day, which makes her WANT to be out all day. I've set a rule now that she spends most of the day in the house. I don't mind her being out for a bit as long as its not all day (my oh works from home so she potters with him).

I miss my snuggle puppy!!!!

Ill loose blaze In the woods if we are at the river and a group of kids throws rocks for him. lol. He loves to chase rocks being tossed (far away) in to the river. The other day he had 5 kids uner 8 throwing rocks for him. He wouldnt even look at me, he was with his pack lol. It would have made for some great photos kids and a dog all enjoing a hot summers day frolicking in the river.

Solo has always been Ryans shadow. So im used to that lol.

When I left for school, Mammoth (my GSD cross) was deeply upset until he eventually transferred his affection to my dad. When I come home to visit he's...while not standoffish not overly loving for the first few weeks. I do miss him, but because of our situation it's better that he bond with my dad instead.

It does sting, though. Hopefully once Bodhi settles in she will be back to her old self.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
We had some nice cuddle time over the weekend :D

But she's been a little cow bag... twice in 2 days point blank refused to come to me (she normally has pretty solid recall, even from things she wants to play in ie rivers).

I think all this freedom has gone to her head - other half works from home, so she often goes out and about the yard etc with him, and takes herself off up the garden to visit his mum and dad (they live on the same plot of land)...

Laid down some firm rules, because she's getting a little bit too independent!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
If she isn't working, Eve is all over Tony and not me. It hurt at first but she still loves me. He is just 100 percent fun and I'm the one who lays down the law.

Members online

No members online now.