HELP puppy's TEMPERATURE abnormal

L

LB2007

I dont kow what to do, he is acting werid and sneezing still, today he seemed fine now he is back acting weird. His temperature is below the normal

99.34C is this dangersous, if so what should I do to bring it up to normal and what is normal again?

L

LB2007

Yes, but when I called the vet, the vet said as long as he is eating and drinking which he is no need to bring him in.
Now I took him temp and it is below 100 is this an emergency or not, if not what can I do to bring him body temp up wrap him up? He had a very very hectic and playful day

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
id call the vet again and tell him his temp and ask what you can do(tell them ALLL of his symptoms ) and if you still feel uneasy take him in anyway!

bubbatd

I've never had a below normal temp in a dog ....I'd vet since tomorrow is sunday ....hope you can still get in ! Better safe than sorry !! ERs are expensive .

L

LB2007

Weekend ER vet was useless. I just now got back with my baby, he has kennel cough. Pick it up on the street from a woman's mixed yorkie dog who was obviously sick. Damned, I will know better next time I see her about. he dog was sick and mine siniffed and played. Damned, I will cross the street as it gets pretty expensive sniffing other dogs. Mine is still young and his immune is not fully protected against such apparently. Even tho he has had all his shots and boosters he is still puney:( . Poor little thing now has to take so many meds. But luckily for me the vet is not giving drugs but more plant medications that work just as well if not better. Plus he has shots to help him immune system.

L

LB2007

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he gets feeling better soon.
Thanks, he is so clingy now that he is sick, he is like my double shadow, I guess he looks to me for keping him comfy. I put on one of my tshirts and wrap him up in it, the little stinker LOVED it:lol-sign: he loved the babying I am giving him. Damned I wished I was a dog:D . I wonder how long it takes to getting over this? I forgot to ask the vet

L

LB2007

No wonder his Trachea was sounding rusty, kennel cough is called trachea bronchitis:yikes: , I never knew this. so he will be ont he trachea meds as well, poor Bandit:( and all he wants to do is sleep, so I let him of course:( poor little darling, I hope he gets well sooner rather than later. Never me let him associate with that woman and he sick dogs again:mad:

malmo

Here to learn
Illnesses are everywhere, though. You can't always avoid it. Sometimes all you can do is catch it and treat it as soon as possible. Important to have a good vet with a backup plan.

L

LB2007

Well I like the vet I have chosen for him, this vet does not give harsh meds but is more into natural meds which I would rather prefer. Thismorning I made a hell of a meal for him. It is gross sounding but he liked it. if put all mixed up solid he WONT eat it. About equal parts of the following

Royal Canin Kibble
carrots
potatoes
goats milk
plain yoghurt
1tsp flax oil
1 sardine

Blend the stuff up and let him lick it off my hands and or the syringe, he did both well ate 15gm which is not bad. Will offer more at about 2pm

I dont kow what to do, he is acting werid and sneezing still, today he seemed fine now he is back acting weird. His temperature is below the normal

99.34C is this dangersous, if so what should I do to bring it up to normal and what is normal again?

Put a heating pad in the puppy's bed and set it on low. Make sure that you keep the cords secured so they cannot be chewed. A low temp can be a sign of many serious problems. Everything from parvo to shock to hypoglycemia. Feed the puppy warm food to help warm him/her from the inside, and yes, seek veterinary attention.

Members online