Journey: Puppy to Adult

Toller_08

Ignore the fact that I suck at posing as well as my dog, but here is a good growth set of pictures! First one was the day I picked her up, second was almost the beginning of February and the last one was earlier tonight.

Also, I love how she has the same ear lifted sideways in all three of them haha.

In other Journey news: We haven't been doing much in the way of classes or training. We are in the process of moving so have been super busy, and also unfortunately my work schedule is annoying and gets in the way of the classes Journ is able to attend because I get home too late for their start times. :-(

Hopefully I'll be able to find something later on this month or next month if anybody is running any classes this summer.

I entered her in two shows. One is in the middle of July, the other in August. I figured I should get out there with her and have us both experience it and see what happens! My only expectation is that we have fun and I don't stress too much about it. I think I'll be ok this time around though, as I feel like I have a slightly better idea what I'm doing, and I have an unflappable dog at the end of my leash, which definitely helps.

Lately it's like a flip was switched in Journey's head and she's acting like a little adult. I love wanna-be-adult Journey, but I miss puppy Journey a bit. She's just so oddly mature and together for an 8 month old suddenly. But still a big goofball. She's just taking things slightly more seriously now, and she's also discovered that things should be barked at apparently... but I 'blame' a certain orange dog for teaching her that. She seems extra impressionable suddenly as far as the other dogs go, so I'm making sure she has even more 1:1 time without the other dogs. The Dobes are far from a bad influence in most regards, but Dance certainly is, so Journey's Dance time has been cut way down for now.

I also bought her a new lifejacket and a backpack (for use next year, as she's pretty young for it this year) today. My store only had the old models and Ruffwear has nicer ones now, but that's ok, these ones are good too! And were cheap.

And we went to for a drive out west this past weekend and stopped at Elbow Falls (a scenic park with a water fall off the Elbow river). Save for some bratty leash pulling suddenly, she was wonderful. She's toned down nicely on her stranger greetings a lot lately vs. the very bouncy, in your face, overly exuberant puppy way she used to want to greet people. But she was still certain that everyone there was there just for her and if she had it her way I'm sure she would've made a 'Free Journey Hugs' booth haha. She wanted snuggles and pets from everyone and was super polite. Everybody loved her and made sure she left with a big head.

That's all for now! Just thought I'd share a quick 8 month update!

Toller_08

She is SO PRETTY!

I love the comparison shots :)
Thank you!

Omg she is gorgeous!!! And that profile shot of her in the backpack? OMG. Just so pretty! And grown up!
Thank you! Yes, grown up she definitely is looking. I feel like she's matured so much more quickly than my other dogs, even Dance. It's so strange lol.

She is seriously gorgeous, and it sounds like she is maturing beautifully (even if it is a little sad)
Thank you! I'm totally biased, but I think she's growing up super nicely.

Equinox

Holy wow, the photos are stunning! Everything about them. The colors, the subject... Journey is one of the most beautiful Aussie I've ever seen, hands down. I cannot believe just how stunning she is and how well she's matured. And her coat is so lovely.

I desperately need a black tri Aussie. I have seriously never been big on Aussies until Journey and Merlin came along. And now it's OMG MUST HAVE PLEASE.

FG167

She is so pretty, I love her coat length! Will it stay that length or get longer with maturity?

She has the best smile and her colors are so rich. I have dogs very similar in color but they just do not shine the way hers do!

Toller_08

She's GORGEOUS!!!! <3
Thank you!

Holy wow, the photos are stunning! Everything about them. The colors, the subject... Journey is one of the most beautiful Aussie I've ever seen, hands down. I cannot believe just how stunning she is and how well she's matured. And her coat is so lovely.

I desperately need a black tri Aussie. I have seriously never been big on Aussies until Journey and Merlin came along. And now it's OMG MUST HAVE PLEASE.
Thank you!

I was huge into Aussies a number of years ago... probably 12 or so years ago now, then I lost a bit of interest in them after finding Tollers, but gradually they crept back into my thoughts and were the breed I just couldn't stop thinking about whenever I thought about my next dog. So I decided to pay them more attention and I'm sure glad I did. I am sure I'd have ended up with one eventually, but it likely still wouldn't have happened for a long time if I hadn't fallen in love with this litter watching them grow up here. Getting Journ was the best sudden and on a whim decision I've ever made!

She is so pretty, I love her coat length! Will it stay that length or get longer with maturity?

She has the best smile and her colors are so rich. I have dogs very similar in color but they just do not shine the way hers do!
Thank you! I love how rich her markings/colours are as well. Her sire has a lighter tan on his markings and I'm glad she got deeper, more coppery markings.

I'm not really sure what her coat is going to do. My guess is that it's going to get a bit fuller, but likely not much longer. I love exactly how it is now though so I kind of hope it doesn't change much. Her dam carries quite a bit of coat when she's in coat apparently, but most of the time she doesn't look very heavily coated to me, and same with most of her relatives, so I doubt Journey will ever be super hairy. And even if she does get more hairy, I think it'll always be an easy care coat.

<3 So much love for Journey! She's grown up so nicely and looks awesome in her new gear!
Thanks!!

She is absolutely gorgeous. Such a soft, kind expression in her eyes.
Thank you! And yes, that's a great way to describe her. I think she comes across in pictures pretty well exactly how she is in real life. At least she seems to to me.

She's stunning.

I love her backpack, too--that color looks great on her.

She looks like such an all around fun dog.
Thanks!

She is that for sure. :)

Toller_08

Here are just some random pictures hanging out in the livingroom last night. :)

I think her mission in life is to see how many Holee Rollers she can chew a apart as quickly as possible lol. She loves playing with them and squishing them, and then wants to sit down and destroy it. Brat!

Journ says bum rubs are the best!

(more)

I want one........ I might sell Fred and get an Aussie instead
Or just get one in addition to Fred and Bodhi! :D

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I love Journey, she's so grown up looking and she's beautiful. It's hard to believe she's still a puppy from your photos.

Toller_08

I love her black splotch on her chest so much.

She loves sitting on the couch like this. Usually watching TV lol. Weirdo.

"Can I please come up on the couch?"

Still a few more!

Toller_08

So ferocious.

That's all!

She seems to be going through a more cautious stage at the moment. Not really what I'd call a real fear stage, but she's balked at a few weird things recently that never bothered her before at all. But I'm not worried about it at all. It seems like just a new stage, and she recovers quickly, especially when food is involved, so we'll get through it. It's nothing compared the the actual fear stages most of my other dogs have gone through.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Journey is definitely one of my favourite Chaz dogs... and it's hard to believe how fast she's growing! I love the pictures in the last set. :)

Members online