Supplements to calm Mama's stomach?

vomdominus

Prey Drive's a BITCH!
My girl is doing great after her litter, but she's gotten an upset stomach from uhh, cleaning after her babies. I've heard pumpkin is good at calming their stomachs. Is that true, or is there something else you guys would recommend?

Thanks!

vomdominus

Prey Drive's a BITCH!
I was in a hurry, I should have said she has the runs, she's not throwing up. I'm trying to solidify her turds. She's got normal colored movements and all, they're just soft and she can't hold them well.

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
I was in a hurry, I should have said she has the runs, she's not throwing up. I'm trying to solidify her turds. She's got normal colored movements and all, they're just soft and she can't hold them well.
LMAO @ "solidify her turds". I'm not making light of your question; that's just the best expression I've heard in a while. LOL

In terms of your question: Yes, pumpkin (canned pure pumpkin, about a TBSP or two at meals) being as full of fiber as it is, is supposed to really help with loose stools. At the very least, it's natural, so I wouldn't worry about adverse effects of at least giving it a shot.

R

RedyreRottweilers

A normal reaction post whelping for many bitches.

Think of bulking agents when considering what to give to help with this. Plain canned pumpkin works well. You can get slippery elm powder at your health food store that can also help.

YodelDogs

LMAO @ "solidify her turds". I'm not making light of your question; that's just the best expression I've heard in a while. LOL
I got a giggle out of the way this was phrased also. :p

Loose stool for a day or two after whelping is not unusual. I have never used pumpkin but I think it should work just fine. Good luck with your new babies!

Members online

No members online now.