baby fish and moving them

mrose_s

BusterLove
we recently found out that our gold fish are HAVING BABIES, they are so cute.

anyway, as you no, i am moving at the end of the year, we woud like to fly our fish with us but not sure how or if they would survive, can anyone help me???

How long is the flight and how much of a weight limit do you have on the plane? Are gold fish really worth that much of a move?

mrose_s

BusterLove
the flight is almost 4 hrs

they are still our pets and i will spend my own money if i =t means we can move them, they mite just be fish but we still took responsibility for their lives.

when we first moved into this house the pond was a mess, we had to clean it all out, it took all day. the fish only survived because they were river fish.

i dont want to see that happen to krill

River fish? I thought these where goldfish?

Fish can be shipped bagged for periods much longer than a 4 hr flight. Ive had fish bagged for over 10 hrs while moving tanks.

If these are gold fish they are a hardy fish and should be able to withstand a greater temperature loss that many of the fish I have.

Golds are a messy fish so the most water per fish in each bag is the way to go. Dont fill the bags full of water the fish need air in the bags to breath, use large bags. Use cheap foam coolers to ship the fish, it helps keep the temp of the bags stable. Hand warmers can be used as heaters in the boxes to help keep the temp stable.

Members online

No members online now.