It's 2:30 am

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
And I'm sitting here listening to disney songs. I've been up since 5 this morning... Something is wrong with me. :p

I love Disney songs <3

Lyzelle

Lol, I'm doing the same with Florence and the Machine songs!

It's only 1:30am here, though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Omg, I was listening to Florence and the Machine before I listened to disney/broadway. I can't remember how I got from Florence to Disney though..

I could listen to Drumming Song all day.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh now I remember. Florence and the Machine- Shake it off- to Glee's version- to Glee's phantom of the opera- disgust at that version to the original phantom- to Lea Salonga singing Les Mis- to Aladdin (Lea Salonga sings Jasmine)

I think I've watched every good Disney song on youtube now.

Equinox

LOL! I was actually just listening to Florence and the Machine (recently re-obsessed with Dog Days) and am actually going through the Wicked soundtrack.

I actually haven't really slept since Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I pulled allnighters Wednesday night and Thursday night though I took 1 - 2 hour naps. I'm not really quite sure how I'm still alive right now.

Also, Disney music is the best.

Lyzelle

Do love Disney music. Lion King is probably the best, but I like other songs, too. And I forgot how I got into Florence and the Machine again. Hmm....I think I went to go listen to their new single, and then I ended up on my always-love, Howl. Then Dog Days, Blinding, so on. I'm always surprised how many people know them! It seems like it's only been recently people have been catching on. I know they are more popular in the UK, though.

I pull all-nighters frequently. When Jin isn't home, I'm by myself with the computer. Just leads to hours and hours of researching random things in interest! Tonight it's actually GSD breeders. And Chinooks. And then when Jin's home, he's so sick of his military schedule, he's all about all-nighters and then sleeping in mornings. So it all works out. And in the end, he's always up before me and makes me coffee. <3 LOL

Equinox

Oh, well, I'm always looking at German Shepherd breeder websites :D

I started re-obsessing over Dog Days because a friend linked me to a video of an incredible woman pole dancing/performing interpretive dancing to that song. Been flitting around other Florence and the Machine songs, too.

Lion King is one of my favorites, I do think it has the best soundtrack. Though I also love Beauty and the Beast.

Lyzelle

I'm looking at GSD breeder websites researching for DH's dog. Just another avenue to explore. It seems the most likely at this point, given we can find a breeder/program that fits what he wants and I require. Chinooks are also likely, I suppose, but there doesn't seem to be many breeders, and I just found the breed about 3 hours ago.

Oooh, that video sounds interesting. Do you still have the link to share?

Lyzelle

That was too cool! Thanks for sharing, it really made my night! Holy cow. The amount of training behind that is just impossible to imagine. I'm going to have to go watch it again...lol.

And I might just do that in the next day or two! I'm trying to gather a bit of a knowledge base on this breed, it's different lines, types, and so on. It's always been a possibility in the back of our minds, maybe something to save for the distant future, but just this last week or so we've decided to try and research more extensively since we seem to have exhausted other avenues. :) And they definitely are different from Sibes, no kidding! But since this will me more "his" dog than "mine", that's probably a good thing....LOL.

It's now 3am here, and I should probably be going to bed. But...I might just have to have some cookies, milk, and Lion King first. Gosh, now I feel like such a kid! :rofl1:

Equinox

No problem, I found the performance just incredible and watch it frequently. The control, coordination, and pure talent is just astounding, I really loved it.

I'm actually in a similar situation - a close friend wants to get a Siberian Husky with me. I told him no because I am hopeless with Northern breeds and balk at the idea of having one because I just lack the experience and personality. One of the most beautiful types of dogs out there, and fun to be around, but different from the biddable, one person, handler intuitive herding breeds that make training easier for me! Maybe we will get to swap info depending on how things pan out, though.

I had a ton of caffeine and cookies earlier, probably why I am still awake now! Only 2 AM though, so we'll see how long I last before I crash for the entire weekend :p

Lyzelle

Feel free to PM me at any time about Sibes, I don't mind exchanging info at all. Heck, I'll probably be up for a while yet, I just remembered I had a Java monster earlier. Whoops.

But it's definitely a biddable, loyal, pleasing type of dog Jin wants. He does love Sibes...just not their bratty, independent and challenging personalities. That's more up my alley, haha.

Equinox

LOL See, I told my friend that I will get a cat because if I wanted independent and vocal and mischievous, at least I won't have to train it. Give me those behaviors in a dog and it's at a completely different level and I'll just wind up wondering where I went wrong. You mean there are breeds that don't pick up and immediately act on their handler's mood shifts? Where praise isn't the highest reward you could offer the dog? :eek:

Expect a PM sometime tomorrow - my brain is buzzing and not in a good way :lol-sign:

Members online