Shady Lady update

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Well Shady is a week closer to her due date :D . She will be going to the vet thursday for her second and final sonogram. We are thinking that there will probley be 7 puppies because she has quite the belly already. She won't be going on on either of the next weekend trips I am going to take as she is so heavily pregnant. She is still running the practice runs with the team everyday and i will talk to the vet about what he thinks. I have never had a dog get such a belly this early before and know for sure it is documented when she and Rooney bred and when I know for sure they conceived. She had no contact with any other dogs when she was in heat and so I know for sure she is on time she just has a larger belly then most bitches usually get at this period. I mean she looks like she could give birth any day now but that would make the pups premature by alot.

So i don't know like I said we're going to the vet to get her sonogram and see what goes on. It could be nothing she just could be different she could just be having a large litter. She is acting completely normal other then more rest but she has been resting more even before she developed her big bubble belly. She is still eating well really well and drinking water and exercising. She doesent seem slowed down by it or in pain and she hasent been trying to dig a nest anywhere. I was going to put the whelping pen next week but i may put it together sooner since this is her first litter and I want her to get used to it and feel safe there.

Just an update :)

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
Let's guess how many pups and see who gets the closest:D Can you post a pic of her? That would be cool. And the sonogram thing too. Good Luck!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ooo, I'm getting just as excited as you! Let us know...I forget, are you keeping all the pups as future racing dogs or are you going to take the picks and adopt out the rest?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Renee- Yup I will post a still of her sonogram I did it for Roxy.

Zoom- I am just taking pick of the litter the rest have anxious homes lined up :).

Gallien- I will take some pics of her tomarow and then hopefull get them posted :).

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Wow! Talk about a handfull for mom! Are they all going to sled dog homes, or are some going to be pets?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Gempress said:
Wow! Talk about a handfull for mom! Are they all going to sled dog homes, or are some going to be pets?
Most will go on to be sled dogs (possibly weight pullers too) and some stock driving dogs really no house pets. i mean they will be pets but their out to be working dogs and Chinooks do best when they have a job to do.

Members online

No members online now.