Mary in the woods

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mary gave me a scare Saturday and i wondered if it were time but she seemed to recover a bit. I do not know if she had a little seizure or a tia. I took her too the woods to see how much she would perk up. SHe must have known what i was thinking because she romped, she ran, she tossed leaves and acted like a youngster. Ok..i think. Good we are all back to normal. So today I take her to the woods. Weather is perfect, a running day according to Victor and Pepper. Apparently it was to Mary too I thought. I saw her running in ever widening circles through the trees, running hard and that was when I realized she was lookng for ME! Holy cow did i step out fast and flag her down. So ok...she's ok, doens't seem to need a rest. In fact that seemed to loosen her up some. WE are walking along the path and she is to the edge acting anxious. So i step up quickly and realize holy cow there is a 12 foot drop here. 5 feet over you can take the path right down which she did. In fact she sat down on her bottom and slid down the leaves wagging and shaking herself up at the bottom and then galloping off to the creek. I do not know if she would have stepped off that edge or not, but my stomach sure was uncomfortable from her being so darn close. SHe is going to worry be to death one way or the other. She has had two marvelous days in a row. ANd now she is asleep running and i hope repeating her adventures this afternoon. SHe hunted with Victor and Pepper and she got to stick her nose in the creek..even crossed it in a pretty deep part. Just thought I would share. Wish i could share the pics but that will have to wait.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Aww.. I LOVE reading about her adventures! She is one of my favorites for sure!

Im glad Shes Okay!.. And I know what you mean about her worrying you to death... trust me!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Her old feet were a little too close to that edge. you know that feeling when your blood turns to ice water? I love seeing her slide down the hills. IT is intentional not by accident. SHe just sits down and woosh. IT's a soft ride I know because i followed her.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I would love to see her slide down a hill on her bottom--makes me smile thinking about it! But OMG--thank goodness she didn't step further out on that drop off!

bubbatd

I was at that point with my old Rufus ....he'd slide down to his creek and I'd wonder how I'd ever get him up !! Many times we had to walk the creek together until I could find good footing for him . We'd both be worn out but happy ! Bless our old dogs !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOur going to like the pics I took Grammy. I am having a disc made now.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, Mary is enjoying life to the fullest. I'd be careful by that dropoff too.

Doberluv

It sounds like she had a couple of very good days. That is so nice to hear that she can still romp and run like that. Usually, dogs are pretty good about watching for drop offs and such...at least that's what I've noticed with my dogs and some of the rough terrain we hike on.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mom got all teary eyed when i tried to tell her the dog is not suffering. Not like she thinks she is. OF course she is not happy when i drop her off to be babysat. She said are you going to wait until she can't get up? I said no...mom. I am going to wait until she doesnt' want to run in the woods anymore. Every day I take her and she acts like this I know she is still having a very good quality life. Sitting there with her in the leaves watching a hawk ride the thermals above us was a good time for both. I believe that hard run she had loosened her up too. She moved much better afterwards. Her muscles are warm and her spirit happy. I will not give up as long as she is not giving up. Wish Mom would realize that. SHE loves Mary too, don't get me wrong.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, have you showed your mom the videos of Mary in the woods. Maybe then she'd understand.

Members online

No members online now.