My head just exploded /rant on

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The next person who claims to be a "dittohead" or says "Rush is right" . . . I will have to fight the urge to punch them. I just might punch them. As of today, any remaining tolerance or sympathy with people who think that man is a fount of wisdom, or who even think he is funny, just went out the window. I . . . AM . . . FURIOUS. Actually, I'm almost physically ill. He has a right to say whatever he wants, and I have a right to say that he is, at best, an ignorant prick who should do the world a favor by getting a permanent case of laryngitis so that he will stop pouring verbal diarrhea into the ears of the gullible, ignorant, and rabidly partisan. Before someone says "he's just an entertainer" he is 1) an entertainer that people take very seriously, and 2) this is not even remotely entertaining.

For background, I spent two months working on a pro bono project involving the reintegration of child soldiers in Uganda.

So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army?
I've heard of them Rush. So have a lot of other people who actually pull their heads out of their rectums.

Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill. So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding.
One, you ignorant turd, is that the LRA has been spreading terror throughout the entire region. Most prominently in Uganda, which is, you idiot, a CHRISTIAN nation, in fact, so Christian that they really, really hate gays . . . but that's beside the point. The LRA and Joseph Kony are about as Christian as Genghis Khan.

Two links on THAT issue . . . one from Christians, one from athiests . . .

Deliver Us from Kony | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

Joseph Kony's Spirit War

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.
Far be it from me to defend the government of Uganda. However, in comparison to Joseph Kony and co, they are the high of freedom, liberty, and human civilization. Mr. Limbaugh, you who always accuse members of our government of lying and having ulterior motives, has it never occurred to you that people might LIE on their mission statement? That that might be a stinking pile of horse crap?

For the whole thing, see here: Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians - The Rush Limbaugh Show

LRA. Let me tell you around the LRA. They are a bunch of mass murdering kidnappers, torturers and child rapists. They could credibly be accused of attempted genocide, if not for the fact that they enthusiastically kill people of all sorts of ethnicities. Did I mention the child rapist part?

For your reading pleasure:

Joseph Kony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Joseph Kony's Long Walk To, and From, Hell - Graeme Wood - International - The Atlantic

A Certain Fact about the LRA

BBC NEWS | Africa | Profile: Joseph Kony

Lord's Resistance Army (LRA)

There's more, a LOT more.

To make a long story short, in the course of his unending war, Mr. Kony and the LRA have abducted tens of thousands of children. Often, they force these children to murder their parents, so they have no home to go back to. The boys, subject to constant abuse, are turned into child soliders and in doctrinated into Mr. Kony's pyschotic perversion of Christianity. The girls are made into sex slaves. Mr. Kony and the LRA have murdered tens of thousands. They have mutilated and raped many more. THe international criminal court has indicted him for crimes against humanity. The U.S. long since declared him a terrorist.

I am, admittedly, dubious of sending in our troops to catch this *******. I'm not at all sure its a good idea, or that we should be doing it. I am very leery of getting tangled up in Africa's "Great War". So, I am not defending the President. I am condemning the evil that is the LRA. It is, by the way, for those of us who are not partisan robots, possible to disagree with the President about sending troops to fight someone and none the less feel that that someone deserves to be roasted alive in a pit of rabid wolverines.

Mr. Limbaugh, scoring cheap political points on Mr. Obama by implying that the LRA is anything but an abomination run by a monster is utterly beyond the pale . . . I was actually speechless for a moment. Either you are so goddamn f-ing ignorant that you don't know what is coming out of your mouth, or you are so cynical, so indifferent to the truth that you do not care, and will say anything, ANYTHING to score political points. I will assume, because I believe that one should try to think the best of people, that you are an ignorant, cynical hack, and not that you actually support psychotic murderers who kidnap and rape children.

/Spits and stalks off.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
When I worked at FOHA, a coworker I used to have lunch with would listen to Rush Limbaugh while we ate. From what I heard, I honestly think he just likes to **** people off. I never heard one single thing on his show that I would've taken as intelligent thought. It honestly just seemed like word spew.

Basically, I think he's like a troll, but on the radio.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
When I worked at FOHA, a coworker I used to have lunch with would listen to Rush Limbaugh while we ate. From what I heard, I honestly think he just likes to **** people off. I never heard one single thing on his show that I would've taken as intelligent thought. It honestly just seemed like word spew.

Basically, I think he's like a troll, but on the radio.
Yes, and I would care a lot less if it were not for the fact that a section of the right wing will now believe, forever, that the LRA are little Christian freedom fighters battling Muslim oppression. Not a word of which is true. Most trolls don't have that kind of influence, or the ability to drag a major political party along (or at least intimidate many of its members to silence).

As I said, I am dubious about the President's expedition. Which doesn't make the LRA anything but some of the worst people alive on the planet. Not only is it well documented what they have done, I spent a good chunk of two months immersed (on paper, thank god) in the nightmare they have created, trying to help draft a legal solution to handling the children that he has made into murderers.

I am furious because of Rush's influence, not, exactly, because of what he said. Had he been a guy at the table next to me at the restaurant (where I read this off my blackberry) I might have laid into him (verbally) unless Mike stopped me, but I wouldn't still be pissed now.

Heck, my own UNCLE listens to this drivel . . . will I have to hear about how the President is killing nice little Christians in Uganda over Christmas . . . /gag

One of the questions that perplexes, frustrates and even on occasion infuriates me is since when did it become Truth that if one side is wrong the other side is correct? Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.

Pops2

One of the questions that perplexes, frustrates and even on occasion infuriates me is since when did it become Truth that if one side is wrong the other side is correct? Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
this is the real truth. if only more people could grasp this simple concept.

Danefied

:hail::hail::hail:
Yup, yup, yup. And when it comes to politics, change your "sometimes" to "the vast majority of the time".
It feels like we are a nation stunted before maturity who don't have the intellectual capacity to process anything other than black and white.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
"I'm not touching you!"

"You're touching me, get back on your side of the car!"

"I'm not on your side, you're on my side!"

"Stop touching me I'm not touching you stop hittin' yerself!"

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM!"

Sound about right?

Members online

No members online now.