Wedding band help!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I am at a complete and total loss. I didn't think picking out a wedding band would be this hard. But SOMEONE had to say he wanted a certain color, and THAT is proving to be next to impossible.

So, before I go crazy, maybe someone here knows of the exact type of ring I'm looking for? (Hey, I can hope.)

He is going to be doing a lot of manual labor and the ring needs to be able to take a hit. Because of this, I was looking into Tungsten rings. (Although I suppose Titanium would work just as well?) BUT, here is the kicker...he really wants a "copper" color to it. (Only not copper.) The closest thing I've been able to come to is rose gold, but that alone is hard to find, let alone paired with a tungsten ring.

I REALLY like the look of this ring:

But, of course, it doesn't come in half sizes, and he is a 9.5.

I know I need to just physically go to some jewelers and see what they have/can recommend: but I won't be able to go until next week sometime, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has any good recommendations that will cut my search short. :p

CaliTerp07

Assamiea

joce

Two of the places we looked advised not to do tungsten as if he breaks a finger etc it can be difficult to get off. Ended up with one anyway but we rarely wear our rings and since he is always hurting himself not a bad thing!

I love the coppery one above with the stones!

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Hayley beat me to it, but I was going to suggest Etsy. Even if you can't find it already list, I bet someone can do something custom for you and get you exactly what you want.

*blackrose

I'd feel much more comfortable going through a "name brand" jeweler versus another place simply for the fact that I want a lifetime warranty, or as Assamiea said, to have it exchanged for the proper size in the event he ever needs it resized.

And why is there such a difference in price? I see some rings being sold for under $40, whilst others are over $300. Quality? Company mark up?

Love all of the ideas though! Really like the ring Haley posted, only without the diamonds. (He wants a plain band, no diamonds. Picky picky picky.)

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
I know you said you wanted to go with a name brand jeweler, but just in case I will offer another option! :)

My husband and I had our rings custom designed by a college professor of mine. He does incredible work, and when V's ring lost a stone, we just sent it back to Jim to fit a new one. :)

Jim made my husband a ring that has the Southern Cross in diamonds to represent his Aussie heritage. My band has colored stones that are reminiscent of the colors present in Clouded Leopards (Favorite animal). Basically, if you can dream it, he can do it!

http://www.jimdailing.com/

*blackrose

Thanks everyone!

I.found a ring I really like (tungsten with red gold inlay), but it's $699. (Jeez!) So I'm going to look around and see if I can find something similar for cheaper. LOL Thanks for the etat suggestion, I will have to take a look!

I think Saturday when I'm running errands I'm going to stop by some jewelers and see what they have or can order in for me that will be what I want, too.

Quick question: I see a lot of rings that are "comfort fit" bands. That effects the sizing, right? If I were to order one, would I need to go a half size up for a comfort fit style band?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Those are gorgeous! I like the look of them much better than really traditional things. Plus hearing my friends' prices on their rings... holy ****. :yikes:

*blackrose

After looking around and also talking with Michael, I decided to contact the seller of this ring and see if he can make it without the diamonds. It is pretty much EXACTLY what Michael wants...he just wants a plain band.

Wish me luck!

*blackrose

Well, the jeweler wasn't going to have time to do a custom ring for us, so I ordered my next favorite:

Not quite the color Michael wanted, but that is the style he really, really liked (and would choose over the color - I specifically asked him that) AND it is a price that makes me happy. LOL

So, all in all, I'm very happy. :) The seller was super helpful and informative, so hopefully the shipping and such of the ring will go off without a hitch.

He is going to be doing a lot of manual labor and the ring needs to be able to take a hit. Because of this, I was looking into Tungsten rings. (Although I suppose Titanium would work just as well?) BUT, here is the kicker...he really wants a "copper" color to it. (Only not copper.) The closest thing I've been able to come to is rose gold, but that alone is hard to find, let alone paired with a tungsten ring.
My husband, who not do anything thing that even kind of resembles manual labor (Computer programmer) really wanted a tungsten ring because of it's strength and durability. My uncle, and his family going back generations, owns one of the local jewelry stores back home, and he strongly advised against tungsten.

They are impossible to re-size, so if you need it done. If something happens to his hand, a normal ring can be cut off if needed, tungsten cannot, the finger needs removed.

Members online

No members online now.