Please welcome the latest Chaz foster dog...

k9krazee

Sleepover with Seal ---

She is SUCH a sweet and happy puppy, but, alas, we decided a puppy at this time is not quite right timing, with a move in 2 weeks, out west trip in 4 weeks and New Zealand trip in a few months-- I wouldn't be able to put in the time necessary to raise a pup and continue with all the things I want to do with Crossbone.

I do kinda miss her though! I can't wait to see what her future brings! :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
So glad she had fun on her sleepover and is settling in well at Meagan's! Also, I'm holding Meagan to more updates/photos. ;) LOL

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So glad she had fun on her sleepover and is settling in well at Meagan's! Also, I'm holding Meagan to more updates/photos. ;) LOL
Quite sorry all!

Took Miss Seal for a walk with Rider and Josh last night. She's such a ham! Adjusted no problem, heels, very attentive. Such a good little puppy.

Then I got home, put her in her crate and fell asleep without even setting my alarm. So, as you can guess, no pictures as of yet. Lol.

I will get some this evening, though. So no worries!

meepitsmeagan

I seriously cannot get over how awesome this babydog is. CANNOT. Cattle dog puppies are supposed to be evil! She's not evil. Someone on here needs her. NAO. In all seriousness, she's adjusted great. No complaints, no slowing down at all. Came right in, said HERE I AM EVERYONE LOVE ME! It worked.

Pictures?

DSC_0498 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Thehe.

DSC_0440 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0406 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0399 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0394 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

meepitsmeagan

Update on babydog Sealbert!

I just finished up with a little bit of training, reinforcing offswitch, and fetch. She's just so freaking stellar. Very confident little bugger.

I've introduced the clicker and we've been doing quite a bit of impulse control work which she is doing awesome with! We haven't gotten to IYC yet, as we are just now getting out of the "Don't Mug" game. She's VERY food driven, so she's a blast to work with. LLW is going well. Sit and downs are coming along.. she will now down for a minute or so without popping back up! Woot! And lure is pretty much faded. Woot!

She loves her cuz. Ermergerd is the best. We were playing "fetch games". You spin around, I throw the cuz. She's actually pretty darn reliable about bringing the cuz back, even if she drops it.

Next week she will be spending some time at the daycare now that its slowed down. I think she will have a blast there.

She's also gained quite a bit of weight, so she doesn't look QUITE as scraggly. :D

Overall she's fantastic. She now knows that biting arms and eyebrows is not acceptable and needs to be just kisses.. and the jumping is getting better as well. I'm currently working on writing up a bio for her so that she can be courtesy posted on Petfinder!

meepitsmeagan

Quick update!

Sealbert (or Bertie) has been doing fantastic. She's going through a little bit of a fear stage right now with weird objects in the house (vacuum, boot dryer, ect) but as soon as I pull out the clicker and start rewarding her for positive interaction, she's completely over it. I dropped a bowl on accident at daycare the other day right by her face and she ran over to investigate. :D

She's been doing fabulous at daycare. Gets along with EVERYONE. We are still working to overcome her jumping on people, but bite inhibition is improving tremendously. Impulse control is getting a tad better, as well as sits and downs and recalls.

Unfortunately I haven't had *too* much time to train, so she isn't as far along as I would normally like to see, but she's such a stellar puppy she will catch on super quick. I still can't believe how awesomely confident and cool this puppy is. She's fabulous in the crate and just awesome.

I noticed she was getting a little pink bellied again, so I put a little ointment on her and did find two fleas last night. :( Thankfully though, they were caught early so I will go ahead and do a little research on how to attack them and get that taken care of.

We do have some pretty serious interest in her from an awesome gal, so hopefully she will have a fantastic home very soon!

I put some new pictures up on FB, but tonight I will upload a few onto flickr and put some on this thread. :)

meepitsmeagan

The Bert has a meet and greet today with a younger, single guy. He's just bought a house and owns a semi truck repair shop. She would basically hang out with him all the time. He's never had his own dog, but grew up with an ACD.

Vibes for the girly!

stafinois

Professional Nerd
The Bert has a meet and greet today with a younger, single guy. He's just bought a house and owns a semi truck repair shop. She would basically hang out with him all the time. He's never had his own dog, but grew up with an ACD.

Vibes for the girly!
Sounds perfect!

meepitsmeagan

Well... Bert's meeting went super well. I really, really liked Dan. He was super nice, easy going, open to suggestions, ect. Will most likely be taking classes with the trainers I use. He went in and got her Nylabones and a crate and a long line and a GF food. She went home with him for the night as a trial. He told me about the precautions he will take to be sure she doesn't get into antifreeze at the shop, and was even talking about putting in a large kennel run in his shop for when he has to step out, ect. I'm going to check on them tomorrow afternoon to do a shop check and if all is well then the adoption will be finalized. All in all, I think it will be a great fit. She worked really well for him and you could tell they got along excellent.

I'm sad, but I think it will be a great home for her. Will update further tomorrow.

Well... Bert's meeting went super well. I really, really liked Dan. He was super nice, easy going, open to suggestions, ect. Will most likely be taking classes with the trainers I use. He went in and got her Nylabones and a crate and a long line and a GF food. She went home with him for the night as a trial. He told me about the precautions he will take to be sure she doesn't get into antifreeze at the shop, and was even talking about putting in a large kennel run in his shop for when he has to step out, ect. I'm going to check on them tomorrow afternoon to do a shop check and if all is well then the adoption will be finalized. All in all, I think it will be a great fit. She worked really well for him and you could tell they got along excellent.

I'm sad, but I think it will be a great home for her. Will update further tomorrow.
Great news!

meepitsmeagan

Seal, now Sadie, is officially adopted! The 7th must be the day for all of my fosters to find their forever homes, as it was Lucy's one month gotcha day as well. :p

I'm really excited that she is so close (only 20 minutes away!). I told him if he ever needed a sitter or wanted to get together for a play date to let me know. He loves her so much already.. Still can't believe she was supposed to be euthed.

Taqroy

Seal, now Sadie, is officially adopted! The 7th must be the day for all of my fosters to find their forever homes, as it was Lucy's one month gotcha day as well. :p

I'm really excited that she is so close (only 20 minutes away!). I told him if he ever needed a sitter or wanted to get together for a play date to let me know. He loves her so much already.. Still can't believe she was supposed to be euthed.
Yay! I'm so glad she got this beautiful happy ending. Chazzers are awesome.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
So awesome! Tho the new name is silly, I'm glad she's found her forever home and am super stoked that you can keep in touch. It's always nice to know how your fosters are doing!

Members online

No members online now.