thoughts on how to save a chair?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It was Mary's favorite, Hyia rolled over the back of it despite my protest, and they have made it their own. It is shot, it is ugly, the stuffing is coming out and the leather is paper thin on the arms. But...Yet....it is still their favorite place. We duct taped a sofa once, that does not work, the tape transfers sticky on to stuff like clothing and blankets. So thoughts? Any ideas on how to save what Zoomer named "the hug"?

How handy are you with a sewing machine? You could try making a slip cover out of some durable material. Not sure if you could find one to purchase pre-made in that size or not.

Otherwise you might be able to make due with a large fitted sheet in a heavier material like flannel tucked over the whole thing with the ends slipped under the chair's feet - the elastic will help keep the rest of the edges under the chair and you can shove any slack down around the cushion and stuff to "fit" it to the chair.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Do they make cow hide slip covers? For this takes quiet the abusing. The slip down over the legs is a good idea. This was just now...someone is flopped on it most of the day and they have broke it down to all their favorite spots so I don't want to lose that either.

Bellpepper right now for her rabbit chasing ways. THey need to be forewarned she is about..
Victor has not forgiven me for the flash use this winter. Even tho I showed him I had it turned off, I still got snubbed.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor has a crush on my friend Cindy. A moonie eyed all a drip crush. My Mom's dog Mr .Shaffer has about the same kind of crush on me. So I called Cindy and said we ought to go on a double date. Her with Vic, and me with Mr. Shaffy. So soon as the weather warms that is what we are going to do. Bet her doesnt' snub me for those pics which i will just have to take.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's most lethally comfortable chair in existence. Seriously, you sit down in it and within 10 minutes you're asleep wether or not you wanted to be.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor thought you came over just to take a nap with him.;) He adored you for that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Some belts from the thrift store combined might help hold the cushions if you can call them that, back into place.I have a couple leather coats that are worn out and could be sacrificed for patches, but short of liquid nails I havne' come up with a better idea. THis chair gets a lot of jumping up and off. IT's impossible that a normal cover would take the abuse the leather has. Wish the curb fariies would put out another one, that is where this one came from, it looked like brand new back then but had a few cat toenail holes across the back. Hyia is instrumental in breaking down the back by sliding over it when she was 7 and 8. Now that is like a whole dog bed attached and one of their favorite places. So I don't want to change that either. I dunno...will think of something. I have threatened to put it out where it came from for awhile but then i look at them and I just can't. Even Sancho sleeps there. And Mary slept there...sighs..and so did Fast Eddie. I'ts been around for a long time.

poodlesmom

If there is spacing under the chair how about a big flleece throw or quilt/comforter that would cover the whole area where they lay. Then using some type of strapping to connect the back to the front running it under the chair and you could do the same from side to side.

Members online

No members online now.