The Good News thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I LOVE conch piercings. LOVE them. I've got my rook and a normal cartilage, plus two lobe piercings on my left ear and then on my right, I have my tragus, snug, and two lobes.

My tragus had it's ups and downs. It would be good for a while, and then it would get a small keloid and flare up. I was super good about putting tea tree oil on it twice a day and now it's just about a year old and it's great. I got my rook and snug done at the same time. The rook gave me trouble after the first week and for the past three weeks it has improved tremendously. Now, my snug is giving me crap very similar to what the tragus did. Just a small keloid and some crusting. Tea tree oil and regular cleaning is all I can do. I'd get more piercings in a heartbeat, but DH isn't very fond of them, so right now, three exotics will hold me over. :)

What kind of cream do you use? I've had good luck with the tea tree oil, but it takes FOREVER to work.
I have my Tragus and conch on my right ear and 2 helix on my left plus both lobes (then nose and belly button too).

I use hydrocortisone cream, you can get it OTC at the drugstore. Both my piercers highly recommend it for keloids.

My close friends (chosen family) own a tattoo/piercing shop so I'm always thinking of new stuff to get done lol.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I have my Tragus and conch on my right ear and 2 helix on my left plus both lobes (then nose and belly button too).

I use hydrocortisone cream, you can get it OTC at the drugstore. Both my piercers highly recommend it for keloids.

My close friends (chosen family) own a tattoo/piercing shop so I'm always thinking of new stuff to get done lol.
I will have to get some of that to try. Thanks. :) I've got my navel done as well.

That would be so terrible! I would be in there every day. I want my nose and lip done. I want my conch done. I won't even start on tattoos I want. Lol.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I have some good news that I am keeping secret for a little bit. I am about to EXPLODE while keeping it to myself!
I wanna know :( I can keep a secret. I swear! Lol

Also we need Chis and Rory pictures. Just sayin since we can't know your secret!

Airn

It is, it's my least favorite but I liked it better the second time I read it. I may read them again before catching fire comes out.
Not a fan of third book and its ending. Then again, I didn't like Peeta :cool:

My interview apparently went good today because I got a second interview set up for tomorrow! It's basically shadowing a trainer to see how I would fit in. I also think it's paid? 1-8 tomorrow and then I guess we'll see if they like me! Yay!

Thanks, Adrianne! :D

filarotten

Fila the love
Keith bought me a new kindle fire hd 8.9". I am loving it. I have been downloading books to read like crazy. :) So exciting, I forgot how much I love read. The best part, it can read them for me.

Lyzelle

I just made a smoothie. Started out with yogurt, almond milk, and strawberries. But it was sorta tasteless. So I added and honey. Oops. Made too much.

My thought process was:
"Crap. What a waste." *licks spoon*
"Mmm. Waste indeed. But freezing never works. Urgg. This is actually a little too sweet. Too much honey. Nothing salty. Bitter?"
*adds spinich* "Better. Still too sweet."

*looks in fridge*

"Vanilla Vodka it is."
"......OMG THIS IS AMAZING. And, hey, this isn't going to freeze solid. Wonder if it'll separate?"

*comes back 45 minutes later to the perfect sorbet/ice cream/slushy thing*

Winning.

I made a kickass smoothie that doesn't freeze solid and doesn't separate. My day just became productive.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I will have to get some of that to try. Thanks. :) I've got my navel done as well.

That would be so terrible! I would be in there every day. I want my nose and lip done. I want my conch done. I won't even start on tattoos I want. Lol.
God I'm obsessed with piercigs and tattoos. I had my navel done a long time ago but don't have it anymore. My lip is pierced, septum is pierced, nipples (sorry if tmi), ears (used to be gauged to zeros), nose used to be done but took it out recently and also recently took out my tongue ring. I've contemplated getting a microdermal piercing somewhere at some point.

Tattoos... Let's just say I have a few... Starting on my sleeve next. It's like an addiction.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Tattoos... Let's just say I have a few... Starting on my sleeve next. It's like an addiction.
Once you get started, there is no stopping. I've got four tattoos with several hours in the chair planned. I've got an entire shoulder piece planned with a quarter sleeve, plus a few quotes I want done, one paired with a mountain scene with a red tailed hawk in Wyoming, plus I'm trying to figure out tributes to each of the dogs. o_O I don't know where I'm going to fit it all!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I have one tattoo of a blue and orange poisonous dart frog on the inside of the right ankle. I got it October 2011. That's it.
I want another one. I have an idea for it but I can't draw for sh1t lol.
I want it but id be fine with the one I have cause it hurt like a bitch lol.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
One of my old radio station co-workers got a new job and he gave his two weeks yesterday. SO HAPPY for him!!

Just one more to get out of there and everybody will be doing better.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Been messing in Photoshop with our product photos all day, trying to find a way to make RAM look sexy. Programmer suggested I snag Flare and use some of the preset filters there. Marketing manager suggested I try the same treatment I gave some other stock images for our new dropdown navigation.

Everybody likes my versions better than any of the off the rack filters or actions.

While this is totally awesome and flattering, it's not a process that I can necessarily automate with actions because it needs a little bit of individual attention and tweaking. I just totally gave myself a ton of work to do. Good news/vent hahaha.

Members online

No members online now.