Lab ?? cross

Fisherman

Hi all
I've browsed the forum and you all seem very helpfull so I'm going to impose.
We just got this dog from a puppy rescue and are trying to figure out what breed it is.His mother was a lab, his sisters look like labs but he is a little different. His tounge is pink but the roof of his mouth is black and he has a curly tail. He is about 12wks.

I am leaning towards chow..????

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/101047/104716/DSC_0003b5081_M.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help

Cal

Fisherman

Thanks
His name is Max
Is there anything that I should do if he is a chow( special training ) I want him to be socialble,I have known some chows that were stuck up! LOL! He gets along great with the 2 cats and our older dog, Molly.

Cal

He's adorable!!! He looks like he has some chow features too him.... then again im not the best on distinguishing breeds considering i can't even find out what my OWN pup is lol. He's cute, good luck with him :)

Cal, just take Max with you when you go places. My Filas love to go to the Agri-Feed and Pet Store where I buy their food; I also take them just about anywhere you'd see people take their little dogs.

Fortunately, Filas aren't normally animal aggressive; they actually aren't aggressive toward humans - but they are extremely defensive guardians and have an innate aversion to strangers and will act on their own judgement, so the socialization is imperative to make sure they understand the difference between normal interaction and threats.

Chows do need socialization, so the more you get Max out into the world the better. Puppy kindergarten, I'm told, is a great place to begin socialization, and a good training class is a great start.

Members online

No members online now.