Diz is MY town!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ilsa wants to show off her new park:

And she wants to also show off her new neighbor (Django):

Now.... the new digs! It's a SMALL house for sure, but it'll be just fine for me and the dobes, and a bitty snake.

Side door:

*more*

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Backyard - will not have icky car and lawn furniture in it by the time it's ready for me to move in (Sept. 1st)

Liddle garage:

Side of house:

View from the alley:

The cons:
1. no A/C, but there is a window unit. Old though - I'll probably be replacing it ASAP.
2. no washer/dryer. I will either pick up a set on craigslist or find a really nice, really safe laundromat.
3. gas stove. I'm scared of gas stoves.
4. the basement is scary. Dark and scary. But I have an irrational fear of scary basements, so it's not a legitimate concern.

Other than that, it should be good! I plan on getting motion detector lights and putting hastas or something in the flowerbeds to make it look prettier. Also put up some lattice or something on the front stoop.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Nice sizzle!! The nice thing about small is that it's less to maintain and less to clean. Are you buying it or is it a rental?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Oh it's cute! And will look homey when you plant your flowers or whatever those hasawhoosiwhatsits are. :D

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
LOL! I'm hoping my parents can bring up their old window AC for me - it's newer than the ones the place currently has.

SO is going to get me motion detector lights, which will make me feel a lot more secure.

The only thing left to tackle is the scary basement. It's all dark and scary... I wish there was a way to make it disappear... gah basements are always scary to me. I'm even scared of my parents' basement, and it's fully finished!

Gas stoves are safe, and they cook a whole lot better than electric stoves. It's been years since I've even seen one that didn't have self ignition so you don't have to do any lighting or fooling with a pilot light anymore :)

Okay . . . You. Live. With. Two. Dobes. Why are you worried about motion detector lights? Or dark scary basements for that matter? ;)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Teehee I know... but they can't stop someone from grabbing me as I unlock the door... ;)

I may just keep the side door locked - that way, I don't have to see the basement at all! Of course, then I'll have to walk the dogs around to the backyard, but I might have to sacrifice a bit of extra time in the mornings to avoid the creepy basement! ;)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Because BASEMENTS ARE SCARY, Renee. DUH. Dopbermans can't protect you from scary basement monsters. It is a known fact of life. Only moms can help. And blankets to hide under. (Sizzle I understand - I'm still skittish of mine. I always make sure to bring a cat or a dog down with me at night, and sometimes during the day as well.)

beautiful pictures - my internet chose a good time to work. :D It's a cute little house. Might I suggest an afternoon or two of weeding (with gloves to protect your hands), some weed 'n feed, and some lattice and white paint for the front deck?

Hillsie, Mango's looking haaaandsome. *swoon*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's so awesome!! And I can't wait to see everyone on Saturday. :D

Basements are creepy...I don't mind the one here so much but neither do I spend much time down there and luckily for me, both dogs are velcroed to me at the time.

ACooper

That house looks perfect for you, two dobes, and a bitty snake :D

Once the other person's crap is out of there, I bet you will have that house looking adorable!

I want a basement! Can you ship yours to me please? Then we shall both be happy :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
The park looks really nice, as do the puppers :D

That's a really cute house! And ALL basements are scary... we don't have them in FL, though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Coop - if there's a way to do it, I would!

Jessie - lucky you! I don't want a basement! eeeek....

M

MyHorseMyRules

I love it! Can't wait to see more pics when you move in. That's a really nice park, too.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I don't think it is - possibly the angle of the photo? I wish I'd have gotten more photos, urg! And I wish I would have thought to take photos of the inside.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Hey, don't judge all basements! Mine isn't creepy at all. Its all carpeted and it has a pool table, a wet bar and a big screen HD TV. :D

Oh yes, and cute doggie pics. :)

Members online

No members online now.