Peta, AGAIN!

If this has already been posted, or its in the wrong place I apologize. Did anyone else hear on the news that Peta wants the groundhog who sees his shadow every year, to be replaced by a robot? They say its cruel for him to be in the spotlight with camera flashes?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I've been to Puxatawney. The groundhogs have it pretty good. They live in the library where it's warm and are fed pretty well. They are in a glass enclosure so that people can see them but kids cannot reach in and touch them. Perhaps peta would prefer that they turn them loose in the wild to be squished by cars or eaten by predators. Probably. Those guys are idiots, after all.

Snark

Mutts to you
Save the Worker Bee! Whenever I read/hear about PETA, I think of that ridiculous campaign a decade ago. (Worker bees were being exploited by being forced to do what bees do! Horrors!)

Guess they're looking for attention again... and would rather have Phil squished on the side of the road...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol I think their beef was actually that being "forced" to come out on Feb 2nd was ruining his natural hibernation cycle only to come out and be a spectacle LOL

SO my proposed fix would be to stick the peta members in his hole instead but put a big rock over the opening :D

Members online

No members online now.