More breed guesses

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
John went out of town this weekend for a family reunion and I am stuck here alone. John's parents went to the store last night to get stuff for their trip. They called John and told him that there was a yard sale up the road with a saddle. So John ran up there. Came back and told me the saddle wasn't worth what he was asking. Then asked me if I wanted some company this weekend. Well DUH! LOL. And then told me to get in the car. His surprise? PUPPIES!!

The people had 11 little pups and the poor things are skinny and their coats are so dull. They said mom was a 100+ pound Lab and dad was a 100+ pound German Shepherd. They *think* the pups are 12 weeks old and they're only 7 pounds each! Either they're younger or dad was a smaller dog. Regardless, they're cute and they'll keep me busy all weekend! Wish I could have taken them all but I'm working on finding foster homes for the rest.

Puppy one

Puppy two

Both

I'm working on better pictures. So what do you think on breeds?

Pops2

they aren't in bad shape yet, it's clear mom couldn't produce enough milk. but good feeding & worming should put them right in about a week.

AgilityKrazii

Addicted to Agility
They look to like they have a little Dobe in them idk about lab but I guess shepherd is possible.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
A Lab and a Shepherd that big is doubtful ... it can happen, but I find more people claiming these weights but when the dogs hit the scales, they're 75 lbs or so!

I agree they look a little Dobie mix-ish ... cute puppies!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Uhhh... Any preference on names? I like the names Darin, Magi, Scotch, Stryder, Sky and things of those random ilks... I don't know if I caught it but are the cuties both male?

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
Just send the brown pup to me and I'll write up a complete assessment of what I think he is.....and then not send him back.....
LOL! He has a twin brother that I didn't take that's still in need of a home or foster home! ;)

A Lab and a Shepherd that big is doubtful ... it can happen, but I find more people claiming these weights but when the dogs hit the scales, they're 75 lbs or so!

I agree they look a little Dobie mix-ish ... cute puppies!
Yeah, I have heard that many times too. And maybe they just thought dad was a Shepherd too, he could be a mutt as far as I know. They described him as "over 100 pounds, black with long hair. brown feet and a huge mane around his neck like a lion".

I'm not sure either, but I want more pics of the rest of your crew!
Camera battery is charging and I'm going to work on new pics of everyone today since the weather is AWESOME today! :)

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
Uhhh... Any preference on names? I like the names Darin, Magi, Scotch, Stryder, Sky and things of those random ilks... I don't know if I caught it but are the cuties both male?
For some reason I see the brown one as Scotch Have they shown personality for a name?
Yes, they're both boys. No real preference on names. I tried out about 50 names yesterday and none seemed to really fit.

Personality wise, they're both very sweet and really submissive. They always want to be in my lap or otherwise touching me. The brown one has already figured out how to climb out of the puppy pen and he is the instigator to their play. But he also seems to be more sensitive than his brother. The black one is really laid back.

Members online

No members online now.