lump on eyelid

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I gave Elwood a bath and he's got a lump growing on his eyelid:( . I have a vet appointment for him next week for his runs but is this something that should be looked at sooner? It's not an injury just a lump growing from the bottom part of his eye (like a pimple or wart).

Here's a picture, I hope you can see it. It's at the bottom left corner of his eye the little bump. I just noticed it today while I was blowdrying him.

Giny

Could be a stye? I don't even know if dogs can get a stye? Looks a lot like the bump Kassie had on her leg too.....it turned out to be a sebaceous cyst though I'd think Elwood would be too young for that. It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out by the vet, maybe making the vet appointment sooner would be a good idea.

It could be a wart. How old is he? Sam has canine papilloma virus. She has a wart on her eyelid, 2 on her nose, and a cluster of 5 in her mouth.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Elwood is almost 7 months old now. His vet appointment is for tuesday of next week and I did call to see about hurrying up the appointment but I had no way of getting in in the afternoon so we have to wait for his regular appointment. I just hope it's nothing serious he's been getting extra hugs and cuddles from me since I found it I'm so worried about him.

It doesn't seem to bother him and it's not any different than when I first noticed it though.

Pomp

Could be a stye? I don't even know if dogs can get a stye? Looks a lot like the bump Kassie had on her leg too.....it turned out to be a sebaceous cyst though I'd think Elwood would be too young for that. It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out by the vet, maybe making the vet appointment sooner would be a good idea.
Bumping up an old thread.

My female beagle has what appears to be a stye on her eyelid. She's had it for a few days. For those who have gone to the vet, what did the vet give you? I ask because I have Vetropolycin, which is an eye ointment for dogs. She had eyelid irratation before due to a hotspot and that worked quite well. I'm wondering if vets give the same thing for styes.

bubbatd

Sometimes it's an in grown eye lid ........I've just never fooled around and worried . I vetted , unless I had had it before .

Members online

No members online now.