My whelping pen/cage

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yeah, krazylime brought this whelping thread up and is asking her own questions so we're answering them.

no i havent breed dogs in the past. The mother eskies came from an uncle of mine who was breeding them, and he gave his dogs the best he could.He ran into some problems and He came to live with us after and he brought his female dog and we ended up keeping her.
yuki's a shitzu mix , and i just thought she has great temperment and is friendly and maybe pass the traits? anyways it hasnt been decided. I've read all the stuff about to breed or not to breed etc. it will be a long time before that happens, but i understand how everyone feels about breeding! :D if i decide to breed ill be responsible! i've been researching alot and asking people who have had puppies etc. thanks everyone ^_^ i think i posted in the wrong thread @_@

showpug

no i havent breed dogs in the past. The mother eskies came from an uncle of mine who was breeding them, and he gave his dogs the best he could.He ran into some problems and He came to live with us after and he brought his female dog and we ended up keeping her.
yuki's a shitzu mix , and i just thought she has great temperment and is friendly and maybe pass the traits? anyways it hasnt been decided. I've read all the stuff about to breed or not to breed etc. it will be a long time before that happens, but i understand how everyone feels about breeding! :D if i decide to breed ill be responsible! i've been researching alot and asking people who have had puppies etc. thanks everyone ^_^ i think i posted in the wrong thread @_@
If you plan on waiting a REALLY long time before you breed then I suggest you read about pyometra as a female left intact for a long time faces this as a true risk and possibility.

The only responsible thing to do with a mixed breed dog is to spay her. There is no such thing as responsibly breeding mixes.

I just researched on breeding mixed breeds. I guess i wont breed her than if shes mixed @_@. i guess its good to mix pure breds but not mixed breeds?
thanks for letting me know!! i never new that breeding mixed breeds was bad @_@

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
It's not good nor responsible to do either. Good breeders do not produce mutts.. and breeding 2 purebreds that are different together creates mutts just like using already mix bred dogs.

I am glad you are taking time to research though, that's awesome.

Members online

No members online now.