Another car problem

Fran27

Any advice on how to get Boris to like the car?

We only do short rides (15 mins max) at a time, but he really hates it. 90% of the time we go to the park, petsmart, things he enjoys, and yet he still refuses to get in (we have to mostly push him or pick him up and put him in). He pays no attention to treats when he sees the car either. The problem is that he gets sick in it, he's thrown up several times, so I guess he is really uncomfortable in it.

Any suggestion?

Debi

Renee suggested I try ginger for Hammie & the car. I haven't found ginger around here as yet...and I have the same problem. not only does he get sooooooo sick, he hates to even be in the garage if my car is in there! we have to force him in, and I sit with him in the backseat. it's such a hassle that I only consider it for vet trips...otherwise, I give up. hope someone is able to help you. :) (Addie is ok...but wants to hang over the steering wheel..what a pain!) poor Hammie is sick before we are 5 minutes into the ride, and the vet is an hour away. lots of people would tell me to keep trying, but it's just a very bad scene.

Fran27

Yeah I'm glad my husband can help, I wouldn't be able to do it alone, especially with Tips that just loves going in and out of the car. We don't have much choice though, because the walks in the neighborhood are really boring (2 blocks and then it's a road without sidewalk and lots of traffic). But it's a real headache. But he threw up even on the way home the day we bought him at 10 weeks. The weird thing is that he was ok with going in the car until around 8 months, then he just refused to get in. Go figure, he's always been sick in it, so why did he start doing it? Now when he gets in he lies down behind the driver seat and doesn't move.

Tips is wonderful in the car though, he jumps in right away and he's curious of everything and just sits on the seat and looks around (he just lies down on the way back when he's tired). I just love seeing the people in other cars look at him :D

Members online

No members online now.