52 Weeks of Kastle

FG167

Figured I'd do this as well :) I am pretty excited to be included in the group this year!

Week 1

A nightly ritual for Kastle and I. I have a cup of hot tea and switch between my laptop and my Nook for relaxation and entertainment. Our little island of light and warmth snuggled up together.

I almost *always* take action-y photos of him so this was a really fun one to capture. Captured my heart too :) Will treasure this photo forever and so glad that I was pushed out of my comfort zone to take it!

Week 2

I am training for a half marathon and I am doing it with my best buddy :)

Kastle and I go a couple of times a week on my lunch break to this local park to run. This is my favorite section - I like the curving walkway and the bridge in the background. Today, it was overcast and the sky and the water were very grey. I just enjoy this area.

FG167

Week Three

Decided to go way outside my comfort zone this week due to the challenge by Adrianne for the photography thread. My fiance helped me to choose the artist and which two pictures I wanted to mimic. Unfortunately, I have no lighting, poor house lighting, outside is a wet, slushy, muddy mess, and no backdrops. Soooo...this is what we rigged up. Dog blanket propped on Kastle's indoor pen, cheapo flash for light and fiance's coat and hat. Kastle screamed, paced, slammed into a down over and over and over, and in general acted a fool during this shoot. I am SO HAPPY with how they all turned out.

This is the photo I was mimicking:

Kastle:

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
He is such a beautiful , errr, I mean, Handsome dog! (although i think beautiful is the right word for him ;) )

FG167

Week 4

We went to the park today so that I could get a picture of Kastle with his very favorite toy. This is always an adventure because he absolutely loses his mind when his ball comes out. I had loads of opportunities to get "that" perfect shot...but, I really struggled since I am attempting to shoot everything in manual mode and this was my first real action series. He's so fast! I had three I ended up liking a lot but the fiance chose this one as his favorite. Kastle can get a little intense when his ball is around :)

FG167

Behind!

Week 5:
We traveled from TN to MI to visit my parents this week/weekend and they were getting slammed with a lot of snow. A lot.

I was scared to take my camera out at first because it was only 12-17 degrees and I was worried I'd have mechanical issues. No issues :) I took it out for 30 min one day and almost an hour the second day with no problems. I took a ton of pics but it was snowing so heavily that some of them are just terrible because of the snow being either in focus or too big and blurry over an eye or something.

My dogs had a lot of fun in the snow as well. In this series, the frisbee is light yellow and in the first shot you can see it by his back, right foot. He missed it entirely but boy did he have a good time!

Week 6:
Kastle started his agility lessons in earnest today hoping to trial this summer. He's having a LOT of fun!

Week 7:
Due to my laptop getting stolen this week, I am late posting my picture :-(

Here is Kastle for Valentine's Day - the only being I celebrated with :) <3

Week 8:
I have a computer now, but I'm sick so photos/editing is still a bit of a production. Hoping to be back to full speed next week.

In the meantime, since the break in, we have installed a security system...combined with our dogs of course always being around. Kastle is demonstrating the Burglar Welcoming Committee. Hoping for no more break ins!

Week 9:
Found a fun playground to take some shots of Kastle. I am pretty confident I will be posting more of these in the future, they were really fun to take! :)

Week 10:
Recently discovered that Kastle is pretty good at balancing things on his nose. I was torn between this picture - "concentration" - and the similar photo with him smiling. I chose this one because that pine cone was pokey, prickly, wobbly, and in general, difficult to balance. :)

Toller_08

Kastle is definitely one of my favourite GSDs. I've enjoyed all of these pictures so far!

FG167

Week 12
This is the second pair of expensive shoes (of Dad's) that Kastle has chewed this week. Guess who is losing his out of crate privileges when no one is there to supervise? This boy, right here. Naughty dog!

Week 13
He was not thrilled with the headbands...or the basket...or the stuffed animal that kept flopping out if he kept his head level. Thus this awkward, neck back, pose. LOL He's such a trooper!

Happy Easter everyone!

Week 14
Kastle has a new little brother :)

Aikon (I-kon) just arrived on Friday night. He's settling in well and Kastle seems to like him pretty well so far.

Week 15
This week I tried something new. I don't know if I got exactly what I hoped for, but I ended up with four pics that were ok and showed Kastle fairly clear and the background blurry. He was very patient and sprinted by me over and over and over, until I felt satisfied I had *something* I could use!

FG167

Week 16

Kastle is teaching Aikon the ropes on how to be the BEST DOG EVER :) Aikon is taking his lessons very seriously. I am loving the contrast between the long stock coat GSD and the short stock coat. Kastle's fluffy butt with Aikon's tight coat. They're almost in the same leg position here too.

Members online

No members online now.