Yay I CAN do it! (Just want to share/brag).

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Today is Matt's first day back at work, and I've been a little nervous about how crazy it could go. I haven't been sleeping well, and while I've had just Carter in the mornings while Matt goes to work out, I haven't had the easiest time with it, especially if I'm having a day of assorted symptoms and can wear down quick. I was worried about not having Matt here to fall back on if things went well.

The way things happened today are exactly how I needed this to happen, just to boost my spirits and believe in myself again :D Matt left work at 6:30 and won't be back until 10:30 because of a meeting after work. I have had a very mellow day with Carter, cuddling and having playtime, and a few naps (on his part, not me). I properly got to eat each meal properly for myself (and snacks!) so I haven't lost energy. He's been a stellar eater himself, but have been napping enough for me to get other things done in between!

At about 4:30 I realised that I needed to start dinner if I was going to do it properly for myself and not get frazzled. I was making rainbow trout (baked) with a brown rice dish and green beans. The brown rice could have just been plain, but I decided to get creative in the kitchen (which I haven't been able to do for months!) and added all kinds of yummy things. There's enough to use through the week if I need something quick.

I had to give Carter a bottle at one point while trying to cook, (which is where I overcooked my trout a wee bit, oh well!). I also managed to finish the food that tasted GOOD, and didn't trash the kitchen while cooking and the kitchen will be truly clean when Matt gets home!

I feel so achieved right now, it's exactly what I needed. It was funny when I called Matt to tell him how well it went, he responded that he can hear me telling him that he won't be able to get away with any excuses when things go wrong/messy/don't get done because "I'm the one with the brain tumor and even I can do it!" LOL

Carter has now had another bottle and is now cuddled asleep in my lap. I have no complaints about today at all, everything feels pretty darn good! :D

OH and a teeny other thing: Matt worked on the back yard on Sunday, so Sierra can't be let out to pee atm. So on top of all the other things I achieved, I had to leash her up and put on shoes to take her to the front yard every time she needed out today, hoping that Carter wouldn't be okay as I leave him in for a minute. Little thing that on a bad day would have just made me crack, but I was able to do it! And she's a good dog, of course :)

Dekka

Just try me..
Awesome!!

If you need a hand though, just let me know. I can entertain Carter for you ;)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yay! That is always such a good feeling when you accomplish everything without a hitch! I bet Matt was really proud that you had such a kick butt "first day back to work!"

I hope that Carter doesn't get cranky today! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Miakoda

I wish we all lived closer! I'd love to get my paws on a baby for a few hours! :D

Mine are growing up too fast. :(

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
It's awesome to hear how well things are going!

Sadly starting today I have to work for a week. *sigh*

Members online

No members online now.