Help!! I am extremely upset!! *Very Long*

I dont know what to do! My friend has 2 dogs, 2 poodles to be exact and they just had 6 puppies about 3 weeks ago. I am sooo upset because she just told me that her mom is thinking about keeping all of them!!! The reason why this is making me mad is because they dont even take care of the mom and dad (Tasha and Buttons) They think going to get them groomed every once and a while and giving them food and water is enough, well I dont. Poodles are companion dogs and thrive on love and attention. I know this because I have 2, Ive done the research on dogs and I could never do what her and her family are doing to these dogs.

Ok, some background about them. My friend and her family got Tasha and Buttons from there neighbor that lives around the corner from them about 2 or 3 years ago, and they used to be bred by her. Well the last litter that Tasha and Buttons had, the owner kept one of the little boys and gave the mom and dad to my friend and her family. Their neighbor thought they would get them spayed and nuetered, which was the agreement, but they always had money problems and kept putting it off. The neighbor moved away and since she wasnt hassling (sp?) them about it anymore they just forgot about it.

Well at first both of the dogs were in the house, but then when Tasha would go into heat and Buttons would be trying to "do his business" they would seperate them and ulitimately he ended up in the garage because of it. Now I did think him being in the garage was not that great of an idea, but he loved being in there and they gave him blankets and his little bed and everything and when they would bring him into the house he would scream to go back into the garage. Well anyway, Tasha continued to live in the house, but because of poor training on their part, and leaving her alone a lot, she gradually got worse and worse with peeing in the house on the carpets, knocking over the trash can and dragging it throughout the house and tearing apart their blinds on the windows and everything else. And everytime I would go over there I told her and her mom that she was doing this to act out because they werent treating her right. My friend would also punish her for peeing on the carpet or doing something bad when we would get back to the house maybe hours after she had done something wrong and I would always yell at her and tell her to not punish her because she doesnt even know why shes being punished, if you dont catch her in the act, just clean it up and let her be. So we've had many fights over this.

Anyway, I have considered calling the humane society on her plenty of times but I'm scared to because I dont know if they will put them to sleep because theyre old or find them a not so good home so I figured them being with her was ok for now cause atleast I can go there and make sure theyre both taking care of. So maybe a month ago Tasha ended up in the garage too and that just pissed me off to no end! I even stopped talking to her for a bit cause I was so upset and I was going to call the humane society when she called and said "Tashas pregnant!" Then I said great, now theyre gonna end up throwing Tasha and Buttons away when they see these puppies and try and keep them. So my other friend told me to wait til the puppies come and see what happens before I call to get them taken away from her. Well she had the puppies about 3 weeks ago and they didnt know when she was due so Tasha had ended up having them in the cluttered, smelly garage, on a rug!!! I was extremely pissed off when she told me this! I was at Disney the day she told me and my sister and I left the park earlier then we had planned just so I could go and make sure they were ok. So I drove home as fast as I could (we live about 45 minutes away from Disney) and got to her house to see 6 little puppies that Tasha was taking very good care of.

Well Tasha had ended up still staying in the garage this whole time til yesterday when she finally brought them in the house. The poor things even have fleas all over them!!! :mad: Its been hard for me to even talk to my friend because I am so ashamed that her and her family dont even see anything wrong with leaving the poor things in the garage. So I was talking to her earlier and asked how the pups were doing and she said theyre good and that she called the vet to see when she can give them a bath and get the fleas off of em and all that. Then she tells me that they named all the puppies last night, and I was like "I thought you guys were going to give them away??" :confused: :confused: and she said that her mom and her little sisters and brother wanted to keep them all. Thats when I went off on her!!! I told her that shes doing the worst job on keeping the ones she has already and they want 6 more!! I told her that she thinks what Tasha and Buttons did was bad with peeing and crapping on the floor, wait til she has 6 of them doing it at once, and she tried to tell me she'll be able to train these and that it was the previous owners fault that made them the way they are and I told her that any dog can be trained even at their age and she didnt say anything about that. So then I told her she doesnt have the money, the time, or the heart to take care of these pups. I also yelled at her cause I know theyve been thinking about getting rid of the mom and dad for a while and I said if they get rid of them it will be hard to find a home for them because theyre older and they will probably end up taking them to a shelter that will end up putting them to sleep. I wish I could take them, but that could never happen.

I dont know what to do!!! I am so frustrated and upset and right now I really hate her and her family but I know Im the pups only hope. So what should I do guys?? Theres no way they can afford the vet bills and food bills for them, let alone have time for them. Every animal she has ends up outside and not taking care of. Like her recent cat, Sonny. She had him as a kitten in the house and wanted to declaw him. I yelled at her and told her no because he will end up outside, and what happened, maybe 3 months later he was outside, now if he would have been declawed he would have had no chance living outside. I dont want these puppies in her families possession because I know they will not be taking care of the way they should and they will eventually put them in the garage or outside. Please help me out here, if anyone knows of any rescues or shelters here in my part of Florida that I can call and talk to about this situation, let me know. :(

Sorry this was so long!

Fran27

Wow this is bad. Go to petfinder.com and do a search, you should be able to find a shelter in your area that you can contact. Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!

You might even find a poodle rescue that would be able to arrange transportation for them if they're farther away.

What is wrong with people anyway! :mad:

Let us know how this awful situation plays out.

Poodlesmom will hit the ceiling if she sees this thread . . .

maui

It's always frustrating to see animals treated in a way we find unacceptable. I don't have a lot of experience in humane laws etc. I hope there is a happy solution to this problem!

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Oh, geez! That would piss me off, too! People are so....oblivious. She can't take care of two older dogs, how in the heck does she think she can take care of 6 who don't have bladder control?!

I'm glad you're there to help the poor little guys out! If you call the humane society, and tell them how she treats them maybe they could do something. But, then again, where I live (southern florida), if you give a dog food and water, then there's nothing anybody can do. It's so sad....Best of luck!!! Let us know what happens!

That is really sad. It is really frustrating when you have to hear about people being so selfish and unrealistic. When you said the puppy gave birth in the garbage, to me that ALONE justified reporting it. They are obviously very abusive to these dogs (unnecessary punishment, leaving in the garage, not taking dog to the vet when they find out she's pregnant). It seems to me they don't care enough about their dogs to even have comfortable spaces set out for them as "their own" on a regular basis (if they did the dog wouldn't have been forces to seek out the most comfortable area next to garbage...). If they are so negligent in these very basic dog care needs, I shudder to think what things like the dog's hygiene are like... They can't even take out the time to potty train the dogs they already have! Instead they choose to ignore the problem and blame it on someone else.

Honestly, I would have reported them long ago. Those poor dogs have suffered enough. Call someone and get them out of there! (You don't need friends who are that cruel.)

Wow... I'd be really pissed off too! And am! :mad:

There may be ordinances where you can't have 8 dogs unless you have a kennel license? You could report them. And the pups would, I'm sure, be able to get placed in homes? Gawd, this is just awful...

bubbatd

I'm in a rage !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they keep them all it will be hell with everyone wanting to pick their rule of the roost. If they don't spay or neuter they'll have tons of inbred poodles. Crappy people !

joce

A lot of older people want poodles so it shouldn't be hard to find them a home even if they are a little undersocialized. Everytime I've gone to the apl or pound thats what people come in asking for. My grandma was on a rescue list for years before finally getting a call.
I'd seriouesly try to get ahold of the old owner and have them call and say since they were supposed to be fixed they want the cost of each pup or the right to find them homes or something. That might just scare them into getting rid of them or at the least getting them fixed. If you think it is bad then call the animal control too. If they can't handle two they are nutts to think they can handle six more!

Maybe try to find a low cost spay and neuter program for them.

I agree with everyone. I have been searching all day for rescues that will be able to get them out of there. Even the mom and dad because they of course deserve better also. I just havent found anywhere near me that can take them yet. Hopefully one of the rescues that are kind of far away can have some way to transport them or something. :( I'm ashamed to say she's my friend. I cant believe people can be so cruel and not even notice that they are. :mad: I will be getting on the phone with a lot of people as soon as I wake up tomorrow. They dont need to be there a day longer. I kicked myself in the butt a million times today for not calling sooner :( but hopefully after this they can all be put in homes that will actually love them enough to take care of them the right way.

Members online