Summer vacation plans - made!

CaliTerp07

Anyone else been bitten by the summer vacation bug yet? We did our taxes this weekend and found out we are getting pack a hefty sum, so I took it as a sign that I needed to book the trip we've been thinking about for a while. We're headed to...RUSSIA!

We're actually flying into Copenhagen, Denmark in July, spending a couple days, and then getting on a cruise going to Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, and Sweden. We didn't get to do a vacation at all last year (not even going home for Christmas :() since I was student teaching and making no money, so I'm really excited to have new adventures with Zach this summer!

While we were at it, we booked flights to a friend's wedding in June, and home to visit my parents in California in August.

*whew*

Anyone else starting to plan either spring break or summer vacations?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Umm... I've started somewhat saving money for my vacation, does that count? LOL I had more saved til I had to take rascal to the emerg vet.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Ha ha, well my plans will consist of hopfully hiking everyweekend, spending lots of time at the lake and just enjoying the outdoors and nature. Were moving to a vacation area, so whats the point of going anywhere? ha ha

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We've kinda sorta started planning ours!

I think we're going to go to Nicaragua this year. We LOVED Costa Rica and we want to do another jungle/volcano type vacation.

The other choices have been Iceland, Colombia, Romania, Alaska... but we keep going back to the idea of Nicaragua :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Cali, could you PM me a link to the cruise you're doing? I was looking at European cruises (mostly Mediterranian ones) and haven't found one that sounds anything like the one you're doing!

CaliTerp07

We've kinda sorta started planning ours!

I think we're going to go to Nicaragua this year. We LOVED Costa Rica and we want to do another jungle/volcano type vacation.

The other choices have been Iceland, Colombia, Romania, Alaska... but we keep going back to the idea of Nicaragua :D
My church sponsors an orphanage in Nicaragua and goes to Managua each year to volunteer with the children and do building projects down there. I keep wanting to go with them, but they always go in late April, when I can't take time off :(

CaliTerp07

Cali, could you PM me a link to the cruise you're doing? I was looking at European cruises (mostly Mediterranian ones) and haven't found one that sounds anything like the one you're doing!
Yup, I'll send it--you should come along :D We can share excursions! (Search for northern european cruises).

The Med cruise we did 2 years ago was AMAZING. We did Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt. Absolutely the coolest places I've ever been in my life. I'll see if I can find that itinerary too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We aren't going on vacation again until September now. We will do some weekend trips here and there in the spring/summer but our first actual vacation will be the first week of September. We are going up Northern Ontario way. We've rented a cottage with my family in Honey Harbour. It's great. We always took vacations there as a family when i was a kid. We'd head up there for two weeks in august and do nothing but fish, swim, sit by campfires, etc. so we are taking Hannah up there for the first time. I'm excited about that. I just hope a week in a cottage with 7 people won't be too close quarters LOL.

Then at the end of september we are thinking of heading down to Florida again lol. We haven't visited my inlaws at their house in a long time so we are going to plan a trip to visit them for 4 or 5 days and then hit up Disney on the way home for a couple of days... since we have the annual passes we might as well make use of them lol.

then probably nothing again until December lol.

Visiting family counts as vacation right? LOL

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm saving up for and planning a trip to Nanaimo for Nationals. Not to play, but to cheer lead my team and volunteer and have some fun =)

CaliTerp07

I was having this discussion with DH. Visiting my family is at minimum a week long affair, since plane tickets are never less than $350 and it's at least 7-8 hours of flying to make it home. When you spend two full days traveling, it's not worth it unless you're going to be there at least 5 days.

So yes. We always end up having some of our vacation days spent visiting family...now whether or not it's relaxing is another story...

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Cool! First of all, I'm jealous that you're getting taxes back! Lol

We are just going to to a short trip somewhere in April or so... Just a road trip. In September, 4 of my closest friends from Germany are visiting and we rented a house on the beach in September. And then we'll do another Fripp Trip to SC. :)

Next year we'll a family visit in Germany and maybe do some short trips in Europe.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Oh, I should also add that were going to a wedding in July to Kelowna, BC. It will be a nice little road trip. Im looking forward to the views and watching the landscape change. And BC has the cutest little hamlet towns. I love it.

Oh and we will be taking Tylers 300ZX Fairlady, and that thing is so much fun on the switchbacks and it has T-tops so we can take those out. :) Im excited.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
We aren't going on vacation again until September now. We will do some weekend trips here and there in the spring/summer but our first actual vacation will be the first week of September. We are going up Northern Ontario way. We've rented a cottage with my family in Honey Harbour. It's great. We always took vacations there as a family when i was a kid. We'd head up there for two weeks in august and do nothing but fish, swim, sit by campfires, etc. so we are taking Hannah up there for the first time. I'm excited about that. I just hope a week in a cottage with 7 people won't be too close quarters LOL.

Then at the end of september we are thinking of heading down to Florida again lol. We haven't visited my inlaws at their house in a long time so we are going to plan a trip to visit them for 4 or 5 days and then hit up Disney on the way home for a couple of days... since we have the annual passes we might as well make use of them lol.

then probably nothing again until December lol.

You go to Disney more than any body I know LOL But I am jealous of the fact you get to go so much. I have been once when I was in 7th grade. I would LOVE to go back someday.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
We are going back to England this summer which is a huge expense (getting married there again) so it will likely be that and Hawaii for this year.

CaliTerp07

Cool! First of all, I'm jealous that you're getting taxes back! Lol
That's what happens when you don't get paid half the year because you're student teaching...well, and you pay $10,000+ in tuition and buy a house.

I'm so ready for my life to stabilize so we can actually be accurate in our tax estimates!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I am heading to London for an internship with a movie production company! VERY EXCITING :D
I also have family in both places so am excited to see them :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
This summer it looks like right now a week in St. Louis with some extended family members. Site seeing, etc etc and possibly staying through the 4th of July, so maybe a GREAT firework show.

We have 2, one week condo vacations paid for that we have each year, just haven't decided where yet. Maybe the beach (everything is booked right now, which is sort of to be expected, sadly) and talked about DC this summer.

So, St. Louis for sure. Whatever else, not sure yet. Haha.

My MIL got bitten by the vacation bug 2 weekends ago, so....

We're meeting my in-laws at Newark airport and flying into Marsh Harbor airport in the Bahamas. From there we are renting a boat and going to the same island/cottages we went on our honeymoon.

Members online

No members online now.