Doggy door help?

hi everyone. I have a west highland white terrier. We finally got new storm doors and on the back yard's door we got a doggy door, any tips to get him going through it? thanks.

mjb

I understand.....years ago when we got a doggie door, we worked and worked with our pug, and he couldn't seem to get it. Our cat walked into the room, saw what we were doing, and pranced right out without a thought!!

I found having one person on one side of the door with the dog and another person on the other side with a treat that she can't resist. Show her the treat and the only way to it is through the door.

Do that a few times, and she'll know she can go through it, and hopefully she will go through on her own when she needs to!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
With my dog we all just stood on the other side and held it open for her to walk through, plus lots of treats when she stuck her head through and started to pass through it

it seems they understand the clear doors better because they can see through them

reply-

my ma finally went on the other side of the door and I got out the cheese bunker's weakness and now he goes in and out of it, thanks for your help:)

Members online

No members online now.