The Venting Thread

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Sizzle, just wow. o.0
If dogs are wolves and Fable does prove to be a yote hybrid, I've got a seriously kickass dog- a wolf/coyote. xD
Was that eejit on a forum?
Nope, on Facebook. Too bad... if he'd been on a forum I could have rallied the troops. ;)

Lyzelle

Got word from brother's friend.

My mother and her husband took his phone. WE gave him that phone and he pays his own bill. It was not their phone to take. So now we rally up and go to the house on Thursday to get it back and assess what they've done with my brother.

I wish they'd just be neglectful enough to just leave him the **** alone. They don't feed, clothe, or generally take care of him. So why bother keeping him locked in the house?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Volunteers who make comments about the pitbull puppy that an employee owns/is part of our pitbull education program.

RAGE.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
GROSS GROSS GROSS!

I went out and checked my mail, came back inside, waited for my dad to show up to look at my car (which is being obnoxious again), went out to test-drive the car, and RIGHT NEXT TO MY MAILBOX IS A GIANT SNAKE!

A ways away is a huge pool of blood. We watch the snake a minute, it was figure it was partially run over (though it looked alive) and so we both thought we saw its tongue going in and out. Well, we got two big sticks and poked it and it was totally stiff. Turns out that was a fly going in and out of its mouth.

I am SO GROSSED OUT. the thing was RIGHT THERE when I went to my mailbox but I totally didn't see it. How the **** did I not see a 5' snake on the concrete right next to my mailbox? It had obviously been dead awhile and I stood right next to it obliviously.

Seriously squicked out. I do not handle dead things well.

I hid while my dad got the dead snake and removed it from my driveway. I couldn't let him put it in my garbage because ew. So he carried it to an empty field and tossed it. Ewwww.

I am going to have nightmares tonight. Then I came inside and found a tick on Summer so more eww.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Nope, on Facebook. Too bad... if he'd been on a forum I could have rallied the troops. ;)
Oh, man. Debating on Facebook is tough stuff. I remember one where this woman was upset her dog got put down when she surrendered him to AC. The "shelters are evil" brigade came out, seeming to ignore the fact that euthanasia is a possibility when you dump your dog in an overcrowded pound like that.
Heads exploding FTW.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You know what's weird, I'd have been much much less bothered if the snake was alive. I think I am mostly freaked out by 1) ew dead thing and 2) I stood right next to it without even realizing it.

Kinda like the day I was hiking and looked down only to see my foot hovering over a dead armadillo. HOW DO I NOT NOTICE THESE THINGS?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I decided to make some homemade Lara bars. I decided to use up all my pitted dates so I made two kinds.

First I made a pecan pie one and HOLY GUACAMOLE it was so good I almost dumped the entire food processor worth straight into my mouth.
Then I made a "snickers" one and I WILL EAT THE WHOLE THING

But no, they are safely in the freezer where they will set up so I may grab one before I go to the gym next. I cleaned up, sat down.
And saw this.
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/04/11/girl-scout-samoas-in-larabar-form/

WHY DID I USE ALL MY DATES
WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS ONE FIRST
WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME ON ANYTHING ELSE
THIS IS TERRIBLE

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Speaking of creepy crawlies, the grossest, weirdest spider just crawled up my ARM! GAH. I'm not even squeamish about bugs or spiders, but having it suddenly ON me was just dfgjefdah;ajdk.
I don't know what kind it was. It was gray, pretty big, and seemed to have a rubbery, ostrich-leathery texture. I killed it and it sort of. . .exploded, shooting bloody goo on my water bottle. ACK. I don't like killing anything, but I am relieved that little ****er is dead. *washes bottle, eyes, and brain with bleach*

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Speaking of creepy crawlies, the grossest, weirdest spider just crawled up my ARM! GAH. I'm not even squeamish about bugs or spiders, but having it suddenly ON me was just dfgjefdah;ajdk.
I don't know what kind it was. It was gray, pretty big, and seemed to have a rubbery, ostrich-leathery texture. I killed it and it sort of. . .exploded, shooting bloody goo on my water bottle. ACK. I don't like killing anything, but I am relieved that little ****er is dead. *washes bottle, eyes, and brain with bleach*
and now you're burning your house down?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
and now you're burning your house down?
After I get my valuables. Oh, and I probably should get my mom from her room?
I don't know what was so weird about the freaking spider. I've seen wolf spiders, daddy long legs (so cool!), black widows, I've actually been bitten by a brown recluse, I let a tarantula climb on me, but that mutant spider just skeeved me out so bad!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Your description of this makes me feel like I need to burn my house down.

Spiders. Gross.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Meep. Sorry guys! :eek: I was so freaked out I didn't stop to think I could be freaking other people out!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm very likely allergic to strawberries, bananas, pineapple, kiwi, and mango.

They make my mouth feel itchy, tingly, and hairy. I have always thought this was normal because of acids in fruits. Apparently they all contain latex and I'm allergic to latex.

That's like half of the list of fruit I like...

Saeleofu

They make my mouth feel itchy, tingly, and hairy. I have always thought this was normal because of acids in fruits. Apparently they all contain latex and I'm allergic to latex.

Pineapple and bananas do that to me (and walnuts)...but I'm not allergic to latex??

Equinox

Same here, although I'm not allergic to latex! Odd. Plus, my list goes on to include all melons (melons are the worst), oranges, large amounts of grapes, peaches, grapefruit, and essentially all the fruit in the world except for apples and blueberries (and okay, tomatoes and cucumbers if you're going to be That Person).

Grab

Kiwi makes my mouth itch. I am not allergic to latex. I apparently passed my kiwi issue to the poor kiddo as he ate a pouch thing that contained kiwi (along with some other fruit or vegetable that he'd eaten before and has since with no issue) and his poor face broke out in horrible pimple looking spots.

Members online

No members online now.