My puppy has has little spots on his side...

AFawbush

Hi, I just got a German Shorthaired Pointer a week ago. He is 8 weeks old and everything is going pretty well. I have noticed that there are small little hairless circles on his sides. There are about three on each side and they look like there was scabs there or something. Do you think they could just be from mouthing with his litter mates? I will try and post a picture up here sometime tomorrow when I get them uploaded. Thanks for any advice!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Could possibly be ring worm sounds like to me. Definatly post pics and i would have a better idea.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Ringworm was the first thing I tough when I read you message too! I very much hope it isn't! Please post pics!

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Ringworm! Iv had it twice myself, from volunteering at the animal shelter, and from cuddling a stray cat. The first time from the cat, I only had a spot on my neck that looked like a hickey, but most certainally was not (I was like, 10 or somthing and had no boyfriend lol) The second time it was from a kitten at the shelter, and at the highest count of it I had 22 or 23 spots of it all over my neck, my legs, my stomach, and my arms, and especially my hands. I had to use an antifungal cream for weeks! And everyone was scared of me. lol. But yes, what you discribed sound exactally like ringworm, so get him to the vet for a special shampoo and spray before you get it.

Members online

No members online now.