Cloud

Well we went out today and got his feet trimmed! I also had a vet go out and check him out. She said hes in 100% health! and the farrier fixed his hooves AWESOME! as soon as he trimmed his clubbed foot it bent back to normal!! so i know who my permanent farrier is now lol. I also got the mats in his mane out with a good brushing and we finally figured out his age. he is only 3!!! had 2 baby teeth still!!! wow My boyfriend got on him today and he hasnt been ridden in 2 months and he did great! Well here are some pictures of him today hope you enjoy.

after the farrier was done lol

others after farrier work and a good needed brushing

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I know nothing about horses but wow he is handsome :D and what a great name..he really does look like a rain cloud!

S

SevenSins

as soon as he trimmed his clubbed foot it bent back to normal!!
Wow. Did you not read a single thing in your thread asking for a conformation critique on this horse? Let me refresh your memory.

You couldn't pay me to touch a horse with a clubbed foot. That isn't just a matter of "trim it a little differently and it'll go away," though most farriers DO try to trim a club into looking "normal" and actually causing more serious issues by stressing the structures of the limb.
Read the bolded part. Many times if necessary. Pay especially close attention to the part I conveniently underlined for you.

Barbara!

I agree with SevenSins... Why did you ask for advice if you weren't going to take it? Almost everyone told you this horse is a medical atrocity waiting to happen.

xpaeanx

I am assuming you just got into horses and saw a pretty horse who was fairly inexpensive so you *had* to have him.

Well you have him now, so the least you can do is take the proper care of him. I hate diagnosing anything from pictures, they never give you a full true picture.

If this horse does have a club foot and you take care of it properly, you can get a nice light work horse out of him. He will never be a super athlete, but a lot people just like to put around and don't mind. But you need to care for the hoof properly, you're farrier need to trim to what *that hoof is asking for*, and not trim to make it match up. A club foot is not the problem it's the result of a problem. It's the body's way of adjusting and coping with the real problem elsewhere. Give the hoof the trim it is asking for and try to correct the real problem. He will likely make a nice little hack horse for you. In the future, please really look for a horse. There are soooooooooo many great ones out there dying for a home.

And while this doesn't relate to this thread. You should always wear a helmet, but it is imperative in the case of a new horse--you know NOTHING about them yet. They may spook at the weirdest things when you are unprepared and throw you. When it comes to a child, you NEVER put a child on a new horse. Especially one who has never ridden before. And double especially without a helmet. You may not think anything will happen... But one little thing could turn into a severly injured rider. Your nephew could have been in a coma before you had time to think. Above all, HORSES ARE DANGEROUS. I love them, but I also respect the damage they can inflict. The horse doesn't even have to be scared or injured, they could simply trip and you're in for a good fall. So, PROTECT YOUR HEAD!

Members online

No members online now.