Thoughts?

Gena

I'm sure no one remembers me, I used to be a semi-regular post a while back. But I'm possibly adopting a new rescue pup...pending a bit of research on the rescue and such.

But, my question is, just based on pictures of these two brothers, does there seem to be some issue because of how they are sitting? (links to follow) Also, they don't appear to be full papillon, not that it matters all that much to me, but I'm curious to know if others see that or simply poor-ish breeding.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21528801
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21528849

Also, if anyone has any experience with that particular rescue, I would love to hear it here or via PM.

Thank you SO much!!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
They look waaay overweight from what I could see in the tiny pics - that could easily contribute to the odd sits.

I also think mix - their structure looks oddly long and low for a pap.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
It does seem a bit odd. The first dog almost looks like his front legs are slightly bowing out? It's hard to tell. Is there no way you could meet them before you decide?

MicksMom

They look waaay overweight from what I could see in the tiny pics - that could easily contribute to the odd sits.

I also think mix - their structure looks oddly long and low for a pap.
Just what I was thinking on both counts. I keep thinking I see some kind of terrier, abd maybe Chi, too.

Gena

The more I look at them, the more I see some corgi influence, possibly? We will be going to meet them before committing for sure. I just know my husband's heart is softer than butter! I know the papillon personality fits with our lifestyle...mixing that up could be good or could be bad, very bad. Bringing in a new dog is hard work! LOL!

Thanks again...dog people are just good people :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The first dog looks pretty east/west in the front and short legged, long bodied. I'm split on whether it is purebred or not. I think it's a toss up. Other than the legs though, it looks purebred to me.

2nd looks purebred to me. (fat though)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I almost want to say maybe shorty jack (like a really pretty badly bred one). They seem to a lot of times have the bowed out legs and similar coloring. I've seen some with very toyish looking heads. But these two have very pap looking head types.

Gena

The first dog looks pretty east/west in the front and short legged, long bodied. I'm split on whether it is purebred or not. I think it's a toss up. Other than the legs though, it looks purebred to me.

2nd looks purebred to me. (fat though)
I was hoping you'd chime in :) How are all your babies?!?

They are supposedly litter mates, but really who knows with a turn in like that. If we pass muster and get to meet them I'll report back what I see in person.

Members online

No members online now.