Rash?

pitbulliest

I'm not sure what's going on..but for the past I'd say about 2-3 months..I've been noticing these rashes that appear in between Messina's legs...before I got her, her previous owner bred her so she had puppies and her teets sort of hang...I guess they'll never completely shrink to how they are in an unpregnant female..but anywho...these rashes look like they may be the cause of chafing...quite red in color...the skin is sort of worn down...but no bleeding or anything like that...maybe because of the skin rubbing against itself...???

I'm not sure what I should do...should I go see a vet or maybe put some corn starch baby powder in the spot and see whether it helps?...Any suggestions or anyone that has experienced this before?

I'd really appreciate some replies..thanx guys :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor can get quite welty when he "bucks the brush", the welts do not last long tho
My mom had a St. Benard that got what she called "hotspots" and she would put a medicine from the vet on the places..without seeing what there is it is hard to tell..yeast can form on the skin and there are ringworm too...do thes places itch? is your dog licking them a great deal?

Adrienne

Is the rash on her thigh extending to the belly area? My APBT was in a couple of times for a rash in this area, it looks quite red and "angry". We tried topical steroids and they did nothing. The vet was at a loss for what was happing.
Another APBT in my family also suffers from this, I am thinking it may be a food allergy of some sort. It didn't seem to cause them any discomfort although they both licked the area a bit more. I tried using a Ecollar on him so he couldn't lick it but I felt bad making him wear it all the time. Then I tried some wipes that were designed to stop licking and itching. These also didn't seem to do anything for it. Eventually it would clear up but return at a later date.
Hope you find out what exactly it is, I would be very interested in knowing.

Have you tried diluting some tea tree oil in some unscented Neutrogena oil? The tea tree oil is a good antibacterial and anti-fungal. Try adding some yoghurt to her diet as well, if you aren't already. If you don't see any change in 10 days or so, then I'd have a vet check, or better yet, get the vet to refer you to a vet who's specialized more in that type of problem.

It could also be an allergic type of problem, so you might want to try an elimination diet to isolate foods that could be causing the trouble.

Messina's such a pretty girl. I just love her face, and that color is divine. :D

Members online

No members online now.