Bowie's My Love is Like Whoa! (mya)

doberkim

Naturally Natural
yesterday evening, i let miss mya muffin go. she was surrounded by me, three of my best friends (including her favorite person, lydia), as well as her brother bowie. she was given kisses and hugs, and i promised her we would be hiking and chasing ducks later.

mya was diagnosed with congestive heart failure when i adopted her 9-10 months ago, and i brought her home with me as a hospice home. mya has been doing well, but 2 days prior, she became anorexic and lethargic. after being admitted to the vet school, we discovered she had a lung abscess and was septic, and would need surgery if she was to make it.

however, last night the fight had gone from her eyes and she was tired. she wagged her tail a few times, but other than that she just pressed her head into my chest and stood there, trying to stand up because she didnt want me to leave her. she thought we were going home and tried to leave twice.

she broke my heart.

rest well miss mya. i will never forget you. i hope the time we had together was enough to erase whatever hurt you had experienced. i hope we meet again, and i hope you are chasing all the ducks you can find up at the bridge.

these are the last pictures i took of her - from 7 days ago, when we played at the beach. that day, she jumped in the water and swam after the ducks for the first, and last, time.

the one sleeping was taken 3 days ago. it was the last night she was at home.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm so sorry, Kim. :(

Sweet dreams, beautiful Mya.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
You have some beautiful pictures to remember her with as well as all the memories you both shared.

Have fun at the rainbow bridge mya those you love will join you some day and you will all be happy again.

Giny

Aw, she was a beautiful girl and got to know what great love was during the time she spent with you. I'm heartbroken for you! :(

What beautiful pictures.
I am sorry for your loss.

(I am actually listening to that song right now, which is why this thread caught my eye)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Mya. She was a beautiful dog. Know that she will always be in your heart and memories. I just know Mya will be watching over you.

Members online

No members online now.