Cider vinegar and honey?

Kase

To cut a long story short my uncles great uncle has taken cider vinegar with honey every morning for years as he says it helps prevent or helps with arthritis pain. My uncle then thought it would be a good idea to maybe give some to their dog to help prevent ahritis. I just wondered is this an olds wives tale or is there any truth behind it? Can dogs have honey and cider vinegar?

It's not so much an old wive's tale as it does have dome professional support...it will in no way "prevent" ailments but the weak acids are good for the circulatory and respitory systems and honey contians a lot of beneficial enzymes and natural antibiotics and such so one can really gain a lot of relief from minor ailments with the treatment.

Though I can't say it's safe for dogs, I can't see why it would be dangerous.

By the way, honey has a very drastic effect on appetite...if you do pursue this, might be beneficial to administer it opposite your feeding intervals or after feeding.

~~I can find a lot of support that people use cider vinegar and honey in tehir livestock and pets, so I'm sure it's harmless.

Kase

makenzie71 said:
By the way, honey has a very drastic effect on appetite...if you do pursue this, might be beneficial to administer it opposite your feeding intervals or after feeding.
Thanks for the reply :).
Do you mean her appetite will decrease or increase if I gave her the honey?

I will look into it futher before I do anything.

It will decrease appetite. If you'd like to see what I mean, down a few ounces of raw honey and then try to eat a small candy bar or something...

Kase

Ok thanks, I think I would like to try that.

As it decreases appetite I should really just give her some before walks as we have serious issues with her trying to eat food off the floor, she really likes her food :rolleyes: .

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Apple cider vinegar is great for many different ailments and also as a general nutritional supplement. :)

If you are interested in a wide variety of applications, see if you can get a hold of this booklet somewhere. I've bought a variety of used or slightly damaged new books for ridiculously low prices from Amazon Marketplace. :)

Members online

No members online now.