The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

I went to yet another doctor today for my Anxiety.

Same old same old.

Was implied I was drug seeking. I retorted that I was given a prescription, but that doctor is no longer on my insurance.
Oh, well, they should have never done that. Every day stress isn't a big deal.
This isn't every day stress. Some days are okay. Some days are bad, but I can recognize my triggers. Some days I break down and don't know why. Some days I freak out completely and need SOMETHING.
Depression screening. Again. For the millionth time.
You are totally moderately to severely depressed. But we aren't going to do anything about it. Try counselling.

Or we could give you an anti-depressant that will totally make you suicidal for the next six weeks, then not do anything for the anxiety, the reason you are depressed, at all.

I feel so...hopeless. I am going to deal with this. Forever.

noludoru

Bored Now.
LIES ICE CREAM FIXES EVERYTHING.
There's nothing to elaborate really. The idea of walking out of work and never coming back makes me quite jealous.
Noo, on what's wrong. You had a cryptic post earlier/ yesterday. :p

And it didn't fix much. Sadface.

On the plus side, I still have my job? The downside is that my manager has been texting me non stop this afternoon - as has my coworker - and it's gone from "WHY DID YOU LEAVE" to "well, come back if you want to" to "my friend with the EVO is here, you should have come back" to "what's wrong?" I can handle the yelling more than the concern. How do I explain that I woke up and BAM meds weren't really working, I'm in a lot of pain- I can barely drive stick, and then I got some bad news and everything combined has made me a crying, oversensitive wreck today? Oh and then when I got to work I found out I lost half a deal and was super upset about it, and instead of being nice or supportive about it (WHY SHOULD I EXPECT THAT!?!?), I got told to sit down and shut up.

Dude, I'm already in tears. I get that you have NO INTERPERSONAL SKILLS WHATSOEVER and you're used to saying snarky things to me and having me throw it right back, but when I'm upset, try being nicer. I almost burst into tears (of anger or upset-ness, I don't know) and just ended up walking out and saying that I needed a minute. His response was "DON'T LEAVE THIS ROOM!" and to follow me. To be grouchy with me. I don't even know where to begin.

So I said at about 12pm that I was leaving, and the response was "I don't care." THAT'S GREAT. I didn't ask if you cared, I asked if that would be okay. I don't need your personal feelings on the matter, just your permission. (Those are all things I did not say.)

I was all over the place today. Coming home, crying, and sleeping was the best possible option.

Saeleofu

I almost burst into tears (of anger or upset-ness, I don't know) and just ended up walking out and saying that I needed a minute. His response was "DON'T LEAVE THIS ROOM!" and to follow me.
Maybe it's time to formally ask for reasonable accommodations? I mean, getting a few minutes to yourself is perfectly reasonable, and he's an asshole. {{hugs}}

noludoru

Bored Now.
Maybe it's time to formally ask for reasonable accommodations? I mean, getting a few minutes to yourself is perfectly reasonable, and he's an asshole. {{hugs}}
I did. He's been texting me non-stop and basically said as much. No apology, but I don't expect one.

Everyone's an asshole at work, though. Including me. So. . . yeah.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Noo, on what's wrong. You had a cryptic post earlier/ yesterday. :p
No, but that's exactly what's wrong. It's not really being cryptic, I just don't want to post about work stuff in a public place. There's nothing to say anyway, no reason to elaborate. It's same ****, different day. Though maybe not, because it's increasingly ridiculous. Worse ****, different day? I don't know.
I don't want to work here anymore.

I don't think you want to work where you are anymore either. You still have a job so that's good for the bank account for now. But maybe it's time to look for another option.

I want a particular flavor of that bloody Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream and I can't find it anywhere. I'm convinced if only I could find the peanut butter fudge ice cream everything would be okay again. Happiness must be found at the bottom of the pint.

noludoru

Bored Now.
No, but that's exactly what's wrong. It's not really being cryptic, I just don't want to post about work stuff in a public place. There's nothing to say anyway, no reason to elaborate. It's same ****, different day. Though maybe not, because it's increasingly ridiculous. Worse ****, different day? I don't know.
I don't want to work here anymore.

I don't think you want to work where you are anymore either. You still have a job so that's good for the bank account for now. But maybe it's time to look for another option.

I want a particular flavor of that bloody Ben & Jerry's Core ice cream and I can't find it anywhere. I'm convinced if only I could find the peanut butter fudge ice cream everything would be okay again. Happiness must be found at the bottom of the pint.
I gotcha. I probably shouldn't be venting about work in a public place. Especially when someone I work at the same company with is on here. :rofl1: I usually don't. I guess I have more good than bad to say lately. Having two total newbies to management is showing.

I'm over-medicating and going to bed. When I wake up tomorrow I want to feel fine.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I'm the assistant to an executive director at a non-profit, have been here nearly a year.

A few months ago a new volunteer started. She is BFF's with the director and I was basically told that when I want to quit to not worry about them. She will just put newvolunteer in my position because she "works like a dog".

I guess everything I do is chopped liver, but whatever.

Anyways, now I'm finding out that stuff that used to be my responsiblities are now being given to newvolunteer. Leaving me with days that I have very little to do and have to leave early (without pay).

I know newvolunteer is trying to take over my job. And I know my boss wants her to have my job since she told me as much.

So if you want to get rid of me just fire me! Simple fix. (though I would prefer that NOT happening... I need my job)

GAH. This is so frustrating.

But knowing that at least one of the board members isn't too fond of newvolunteer makes me feel a little better.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
That would pi** me off so badly Nikkiluvsyou. Honestly if I were you I would start looking for other opportunities. Basically just keep this door open as long as possible until you've found something else.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
That would pi** me off so badly Nikkiluvsyou. Honestly if I were you I would start looking for other opportunities. Basically just keep this door open as long as possible until you've found something else.
It really does tick me off sometimes.

I have somewhat looked at other jobs, but I need this one right now because it's so flexible. Which is something I need especially while trying to complete my internship.

I don't mind the job I have right now, so I've thought about looking to see if there are any receptionist-type openings elsewhere. The courthouse is one I wouldn't mind, but last time I with them they were not hiring.

The Sheriff's office was hiring a receptionist, but they have since filled that. I would have LOVED that job, but it was full time and conflicted with my school schedule. A family-friend works for the Sheriff and basically gave me first dibs on the job, but it just didn't work out. Bummer.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I don't want to be doing homework right now. I worked 11.5 hours today. Tomorrow I'm busy alll day and Sunday I work another 8 hours with more homework. GUH. I need a break.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I have contracted man flu off the other half :( luckily he's far more sympathetic than I was when he was sick and is trying to nurse me back to health!

Today, I was out doing stuff with the Husband, and I got a call from our after hours people. dang it. I've been trying to solve this issue for nearly 3 hours. On a Saturday. That I wasn't working. Yay overtime? Side note - they're really going to get tired of paying me OT soon.

joce

God I hate moving! I want to kill the husband, muzzle the dogs, and run away and never come back! Kidding but also kind of serious!!

I am never doing this again!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Sweet Jesus people. I don't want children. That doesn't mean that my life is a dark hole of meaninglessness and sadness. I'm sorry you feel I would make a great mom and that the world would be better with my kids (yes, I was told this last night). I DON'T WANT THEM. I don't. So stop.

Members online

No members online now.