The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I've never had a dog in a place with seasons!

IS THIS HOW SHEDDING IS?! IT'S KILLING ME!! GAHH!!

Merlin is losing all his winter coat I guess..and I brushed him FOREVER and he is shedding and GAHH!!!
Dogs in Miami just shed a bit constantly, I have never experienced such sudden shedding! LOL
Blech. i'm glad Happy doesn't take part in this. lol I can brush her for days and make sweaters out of the amount of fur I brush out, but we don't find her fur around the house and I can pet her and she can rub on my clothes and just... nothing really comes off her. It's fantastic because that was one of my biggest concerns when adopting her! Juno sheds way way way worse.

Saeleofu

I'm so itchy. My hives were FINALLY resolving. Today I did a hay run at work, and...I'M SO ITCHY! No hives YET, but I have a feeling I know what set them off last time. I don't want to be allergic to hay/alfalfa. About all I can do it wear long pants/long sleeves, but it's freaking 100+ degrees in the summer. Also, I took a benedryl, and it's kicking in. I DON'T WANT IT TO KICK IN. I WANT TO WATCH DOCTOR WHO. I GET TO SLEEP IN IN THE MORNING. I DON'T WANT TO SLEEP. And yet when I take it at night in order to fall asleep, it does NOTHING. Ugh.

It is prairie hay, so maybe I'm just allergic to some plants that are harvested with it at certain times of the year? The hay barn is almost empty, so we should be getting fresh hay soon. Fingers crossed it's a different mixture (prairie hay can be ANYTHING. It's taken from the fields around the zoo and is literally prairie hay). At least I hope it's not the alfalfa that did it...

noludoru

Bored Now.
The one time it would be great if my car could keep its mouth shut, it just keeps backfiring. -_-
Ticket, RedHotBabe? :p

Total lack of sleep the past couple days meant yesterday I was flipping rapidly between mania and severe depression. My sensory issues were acting up - it made me want to crawl out of my skin. Couldn't stand physical contact yesterday to the point where when I had to shake hands with people I was going to the bathroom after to wash my hands and cry. Even wearing jeans and a jacket was hard.

Today was a little better, but I'm still having issues. At least I could shake hands with everyone like an adult during my certification course without freaking out.
Went on a 4.5 mile walk/jog with Middie Moo. I feel so much better now. . .

Romy

Taxiderpy
Something is blooming and it's making my lungs SUPER angry. :cry: So tired, but can't stay asleep because I keep hacking myself awake. Benadryl isn't fixing it, just making me even more sleepy. Waaaah.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
In today's version of breaking my no-whining oath I have a client who arrived ten minutes before we opened, walked me into the building from the car already talking about their dog, talked my ear off before I could think straight for 20 minutes, and then brought in their edgy and fear aggressive bulldog. Yes, today I will be bitten, the question is who will win the pool of how expensive my hospital bill will be?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
My neck and shoulders are stiff today and my arms are still fatigued from yesterday's workout. I've wrapped my neck in Izzie's back on track crate blanket and it's working but I still have some woe.

FG167

I am scheduled 5a-9p tomorrow. That means I leave home at 4 am and get home at 10 pm. 8 hours of that is hiking in a full uniform 6-8 miles in the afternoon heat...lots if hills and rough terrain (no path). I'm tired already!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I got paid today and was all "YAY!!!!!!" until I looked again. They paid me then reversed the payment! WTF?! :mad: When I called to see wtf was going on they said it wasn't pulling up on their computer and theyd give me a call back, it better be soon. I need monies! >_<

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
For some reason recently, on my days off I have to force myself out of bed at 11am and I'm completely exhausted. It's frustrating because I don't want to sleep that late. If I go to bed at midnight there's no reason why I need to sleep to 11. I've never been a morning person but Ive usually been able to be up before 10! Really weird when most days I'm up at 6:30 for work so you'd think my body would be on an earlier schedule.

And. Too hot today.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I am scheduled 5a-9p tomorrow. That means I leave home at 4 am and get home at 10 pm. 8 hours of that is hiking in a full uniform 6-8 miles in the afternoon heat...lots if hills and rough terrain (no path). I'm tired already!
And I whine about my hours. Eesh! Do you and the man half alternate schedules? How do the dogs manage? Do you have long weekends in exchange?

FG167

And I whine about my hours. Eesh! Do you and the man half alternate schedules? How do the dogs manage? Do you have long weekends in exchange?
Today I worked 430am-530pm...got to the kennel at 4 (left my house at 330 am), got home at 6pm..

No, we are short staffed this week so I'm covering a bomber shift in the am and a tracker shift in the pm. I have different dogs. I have two bombers, and 5 trackers - I will probably just take one unless she gets too hot, then I'll bring two. She's new, and very young, so she may over-exert herself and not know any better.

And no LOL I *do* get weekends off most of the time (we have one training weekend a month) but they aren't longer. And if I am in town (we usually go to GA to train on the weekends) I always guilt myself into going in and at least laying a track for the guy/dog tracking.

ETA: Jason is picking up some other shift in the am and MAY spot half my tracking shift. Depending on how crappy I feel around 5pm (which is the only time we can swap 5-9pm). We do occasionally have completely opposite shifts, but normally not. I will have him lay me a track for my girl to find since she's new and it's a lot of walking.

ETA2: oh wait, did you mean my personal dogs? We have a pet sitter coming in to let them out mid-day. We usually take 2-3 to work with us and swim them before/after or run them, or do SOMETHING with them - train etc.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Ticket, RedHotBabe? :p
Oh god, thankfully not. My car needed to be turned around in the garage so we could test-fit one of the seats on the driver's side. This was at Adam's house and I guess his neighbor likes to leave her window open at night, then complain about anything loud. My car needed to be moved and it's a little bitch on cold start. Whoops.

Lyzelle

So. Finally went to the doctor today.

$100 later....

He told me that my cough was probably some sort of infection, then proceeded to tell me he couldn't give me antibiotics because my chest cold was viral.

Told me to start taking high doses of pure vitamin C, refused to admit that it would aggravate my Crohn's and would actually help me.

Told me to start taking my Xanax(prescribed for anxiety) before every meal for my Crohn's...but refused to refill my prescription.

Told me to get buttermilk for the Thrush.

So, all in all, I'm absolutely pissed and and it was a $100 that I could NOT afford right down the drain. I'm half tempted to tell my bank to dispute the charges until I can get to another doctor because it's just pure ridiculous.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The scrubs that I ordered for work are WAY too big. As in, pull the drawstring on the pants all the way tight and I still have a good 4-5 inches of space.

I wouldn't be so ticked if I hadn't actually taken the time to measure myself so that I made sure they would fit. Grr boo hiss.

CaliTerp07

So. Finally went to the doctor today.

$100 later....
If you have to go back, do you have a CVS minute clinic nearby? (I think Target now has something similar in some stores too). I'm pretty sure CVS's office visit fee is only $40, and if you have insurance (ANY insurance) they'll take it.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Today I worked 430am-530pm...got to the kennel at 4 (left my house at 330 am), got home at 6pm..

No, we are short staffed this week so I'm covering a bomber shift in the am and a tracker shift in the pm. I have different dogs. I have two bombers, and 5 trackers - I will probably just take one unless she gets too hot, then I'll bring two. She's new, and very young, so she may over-exert herself and not know any better.

And no LOL I *do* get weekends off most of the time (we have one training weekend a month) but they aren't longer. And if I am in town (we usually go to GA to train on the weekends) I always guilt myself into going in and at least laying a track for the guy/dog tracking.

ETA: Jason is picking up some other shift in the am and MAY spot half my tracking shift. Depending on how crappy I feel around 5pm (which is the only time we can swap 5-9pm). We do occasionally have completely opposite shifts, but normally not. I will have him lay me a track for my girl to find since she's new and it's a lot of walking.

ETA2: oh wait, did you mean my personal dogs? We have a pet sitter coming in to let them out mid-day. We usually take 2-3 to work with us and swim them before/after or run them, or do SOMETHING with them - train etc.
That's hardcore. I would love to know more about your work someday, it fascinates me.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm 94% sure I'm dying. Nothing will stay in me and my guts feel like they're trying to digest razor blades and my whole body aches and it hurts to move... Why, universe... Why?

My Popsicle didn't even stay down =(

Members online

No members online now.